How to let someone know you're not interested via text?

This guy asked for my number the other day and we've been texting but he is too eager and I'm very independent and its really scaring me off. I'm afraid he's going to ask me out in a few hours and I really want to stop it before it goes that far. How do I get the message across that I'm not interested without hurting his feelings?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're just going to have to come right out and say it. Just tell him the truth, he'll appreciate it more rather than half hearted texts and phasing him out. At least he'll know where he stands. This girl is totally playing hot and cold with me lately and its driving me nuts because I don't know where she is at or what she wants. Do it now, before it goes too far. No point giving him false hope!

What Guys Said 1

• you can't

What Girls Said 2

• Sorry I got back with an ex

He won't be heartbroken but I suggest you end it quickly. He'll get over it and will be less hurt than you think he will. He just met you, that's not long enough to develop strong feelings

• Tell him that lately guys have been asking you out, but at the moment you'd rather stay single.