How do you feel about a 26/27 year old man dating an 18/19 year old woman?

Is it weird or wrong? Would most 26/27 year old men ever do this?

I mean for a serious relationship, not just sex. Someone to grow with and maybe eventuallt settle down with.

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely, An 18 or 19 year old woman would be on par with a 27 year old bloke where maturity is concerned, because women mature quicker, so most guys always look for women younger than their selves, because matching the level of maturity often means thatr women go for older men also, so don't threat, its perfectly normal,x

What Guys Said 14

• Personally I wouldn't date that young and I'm in that age range. Just too large a maturity gap in most cases and both people are in 2 different parts of their lives. That said, on rare occasions there are exceptions. If the girl is mature, intelligent, attractive, and an extraordinarily special person, then I might go for it. The circumstances definitely have to be right.

In a nutshell, what I'm saying is its possible, but very rare.

• the difference in experience is the biggest issue to me. at 18/19 I just in a nearly different world compared to mid to late twenties. also the fact that your social circles (e.g. friends)and possibilities are so different. he can go to a bar, club or really anywhere whereas your options are much more limited.

that said if the maturity levels match up and the guy seems able to connect with your social world it can possibly work

• When I was that age, I liked older women and would never have gone after teenagers. I found that most girls under 25 are still kind of teeny-bopper-ish IMO, let alone someone under 21 I couldn't take to most the places I hung out at.

But of course, there are plenty of guys who seem to stop maturing at about 13 so - maybe you are one of the 'lucky' ones to have found yourself a perpetual manchild?

• Of course it's not wrong.

1/2 + 7 is a respectable age difference,and you're pretty close to that.

In 10 years time,the age difference will seem like nothing.I've had long term relationships with 9-10 years difference.

If you both get along,it's all fine.

• It's a pretty big age gap in terms of life experience. Of course a man in their late 20s would do it.

• I don't think it's wrong. But as a late 20s male, I don't think I would date that low. Because that group seems to predominantly lack maturity. But unless the young lady proves otherwise, then I'll be open to consider it.

• I think the guy is a bit too immature and is looking for a younger woman to stimulate his intelect.. Be weiry of why he is single and why he does not date in his own age range.. just a precaution... On the other hand if it works for you then who cares what other people think. You only live once YOLO... It may end up being the best relationship you were ever in.. You won't know until you try it but find out what his intentions are first.. That's my story and I am sticking to it.. Good luck and be safe..

• What if he has dated w/in his range but find that the 18yr old is just really great for him? Like if she's going to be graduating college soon (yes I'm serious) and already has her own business? Is it still a problem or a question of maturity on his part?

• Never said it was a problem just trying to let you understand there may be another motive like she owns her own business maybe he thinks he can moooch off of you hoping your stricken with puppy love and let your guard down..

• Yes I have and still would.

• Couldn't care. If that's what he wants then good for him.

Women sure do love men that are older than them, haha.

• I don't date with 19 years old girl but I can do all kind things with her.. on the other hand Its not weird..

• i think that's too big of an age gap

• I would date a 18/19 yo but not for a long term relationship, just for the fun. I'm pretty sure I'd get bored and/or annoyed soon.

• my brothers is 10 yeas older then his wife, they are married and have 2 boys.

she was 18 when they got together.

so yes, this can work, but more often it doesn't

• Not really. once a person is 18, they're grown. That's all that matters.

What Girls Said 9

• Well, I'm 18 and my boyfriend is about to be 22. Some people find that a little strange and it really annoys me since I've known him for a long time and we've always liked each other. It's not like he just randomly hooked up with me or anything. People are always so quick to judge what they do not understand. As long as you both really care about each other then I say ignore what others think. It's your life, no one else's, so they really shouldn't be involved with your decisions -- especially if you're legally of age to be with whomever you desire.

• I'm 21 and my boyfriend is gonna be 33 at the end of this year. By far the BEST relationship I've ever been in. We've been dating for over a year now. :D I do not believe it's weird or wrong, but if you're happy dating him then screw what everyone else thinks

• I am 27 and would never go that young, I do know a couple of guys that would but they admit its because they have a problem getting girls their own age.

• I don't think it's anyone's business but those involved.

• Go for it, its your life do whatever you want. If you like him enough to want to date him - what's restricting you from being with him?!

• I don't think it's wrong. They're both adults, so they should know what they're doing.

• I think it's too much of an age difference

• its not wrong I first got together with my boyfriend when I was 18 and he was 24. now we are 20 and 26

• Nothing wrong wtih it if both people are mature adults