Would you date a girl with an ugly name?

I have ugly name.

My name is Bernadetta. But I don't want to change it for sure, because I am used to this name I had it for all my life! and I can't imagine myself with different name.

But let's imagine you meet nice girl, you think you like her and then she says that her name is Bernadetta , would it matter?

would you be less attrcted to her ?

Honestly please. I always feel ashamed to say what's my name.

Most Helpful Guy

• I cannot imagine a name would be a deal killer for for me. You could shorten it to Bernadette - that's a cool name.

What Guys Said 8

• From now on call yourself Addetta or you can shorten it to Addett, Nice name.

• That's a nice name :)

• It's not an ugly name, it's nice. Please don't feel ashamed, if one were to think of you less because of their name, they're not worthy of you.

• Not at all. Kind of sounds like my royal familys last name, Bernadotte. Be proud of your name.

• No. I judge initially on looks. name is immaterial.

• It's a rare name, but I don't think it's weird. As long as it's not hard to pronounce, you'll be fine. If I was attracted to some girl, and then found out that she has a rare name, it would not make me think twice about whether I'm actually attracted to her or not.

• It's not that bad. At least you can make some more flattering nicknames out of it, Berna, Dottie, or your middle name or a nickname based off your middle name. I'd still date you regardless, I really don't care about a girl's name that much, unless it's Emily, I've had really bad luck with 2 different Emily's in the past, I'm starting to think that maybe the name Emily is cursed.

• I really don't care. There's no problem.

What Girls Said 6

• What!?!?! Its JUST a name. And we all have times when we might not like our name, but that doesn't mean every one does. To me Bernadetta doesn't sound that "awful". And obviously you don't hate it that much because you are not willing to change it. Because you could change it to something like Berdine, Becka, Bella, Belle, Benecia, Benita, Bernadine, or heck, even Bentley. Names that are a bit similar to the one you have. I have had friends that have change their names. One from a girls name to a girls name and another from a girls name to a boys name. It took them a couple of weeks to get used to the name, but every one did. Shure there were the odd times when you would call them with their original name, but you would immediately notice your mistake and correct yourself. But in the end, Bernadetta is not an "ugly" name.

• I also have a awful name to pronounce in English. Like in my own language it's fine and pretty but when English people try and pronounce it, it also sounds ugly. I don't think it's such a big deal honestly. It's just a name. Usually when you're in love with someone or really interested, a name is not going to be enough to make you walk away. It's such a minor detail. Besides, to me your name sounds perfectly good and definitely not ugly!

• Bernadetta is a lovely name! My hero's name is Bernadette Devlin =] It would be an honour to be called Bernadetta! It's a good Irish name, anyway, and it comes from old French, really cool.

Anyway, even if it was a really horrible, ghastly name, it wouldn't put me off dating you or anything, not at all. I once dated a girl who's name I couldn't even pronounce!

• It's not ugly. :)

• That's really shallow if a guy would reject you on your name

• If I were you,I would just tell people to call me "B"...that sounds classy and sexy! But moreso,there is no real reason to hate your name girly.If a guy is that superficial to dislike your name,consequently not dating you...he is a waste of time.