Why do I have such bad luck with guys?

I feel like I just have the worst of lucky... never had a boyfriend, and I'm 18. Started dating last year, even dabbled in online dating. Met a couple people, made a few friends out of it and one possible relationship that went downhill for whatever reason. Regardless, I at least experienced it but I thought I finally found a guy who appreciated me for the way I was. We talked but it was bad timing so we started again a couple months later and it was great, we got really close and even he told me that he wouldn't bother if he didn't see it going somewhere. He told me I was special and wasn't like other girls and we tried to plan for him to come see me, but the first time it didn't happen although we kept texting the whole weekend. He's drunk texted/called me before too and he WAS texting me every day until this week where he just got cold... not necessarily cold but when I texted him first it lasted a bit then nothing and when I texted him today, he said it was a rough week and when I said what could I do to help, never responded but I know he's been online... It just really hurts because I thought he was maybe going to be different, and he made it known that if I were not as different from other girls as I am, he wouldn't bother, so why did he just suddenly give up? Is he actually so busy he can't make time because I think that's a load of crap and it really hurts because I started to open up to him, thinking he could be the one for me. Maybe I'm over thinking? Or maybe he's found another girl? What do I do? :( I just don't want him to think its OK to act like this, I mean if it went further, that's strange to go gaps without talking and then talking every day. I just don't want it to be OK that he expects me to be there the next minute, I just don't want to text him again if he's suddenly found something different, but I do want him to know that I won't be there if he thinks I will.

Most Helpful Guy

• i'm sure you will get a boyfriend before 25

What Guys Said 2

• You don't have issues getting guys.

95% of women have NO issues getting guys.

You just have issues getting the guys you like.

Same boat everyone's in.

• You'll be alright. There's guys who are way older than you that have never had a GF

What Girls Said 1

• So was this an online relationship only? Wasn't sure from reading this.

• We met once briefly.

• There could be so many reasons he's backed off,none of which have anything to do with you. IMO the best dating happens after 18 anyway! College, or new town, new interests, etc. these will lead to better dating opportunities...take care!