Should I date him? If yes how long should I wait?

I just found out my best friend likes me and wants to date, and I really like him too. The thing is I just broke up with this guy I dated for two months. Everyone says I broke his heart because he was in love with me. I feel bad about that, but I didn't feel the same way. It would have been wrong to lead him on. Anyways I broke up with this guy a week ago, and I found out my friend likes me the day after... I don't want to ruin our friendship, but I really like him, he understands me and I know I'd be happy. But there is always the possibility of a breakup, and if we did break it off, I don't want to loose our friendship. I know there is potential... Should I date him? If yes, how long should I wait. I'm still in high school so I see them both everyday.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wait a couple of months and give it a shot.

What Guys Said 3

• If you both like each other and your best friends, you should definitely pursue being with each other, even if it doesn't work out, that's fine, doing it is always better then possibly regretting never doing it.what if he passed away and you never got to share that love to each other that you both wanted to.Date him!

• How long would I wait to date him, seeing as to how I just broke up with another guy.. ?

• You should wait for a little while. Just to not make him a rebound or anything.

Regarding the potentiality of losing a friendship if you don't get along as well as you think you would, it's not a potentiality. It's more of a certainty. But the chances it would happen are pretty low, as you both know each other well and the attraction seems to be shared.

So yes, date him. In a couple weeks.

• Go for it.

What Girls Said 1

• Go for it, but realize that the two of you will probably break up at some point. Sucks to have old people saying that, I know, but none of the couples I knew in high school are still together, even the ones who were together for years. That doesn't mean you can't be friends again afterward, but I just feel like someone should point out that relationships from high school often crack under the strain of things like going to different colleges and growing into different people.

Whatever decision you make, have fun :)

(Oh, and be prepared for some drama.)