Is this a legitimate excuse or is he playing me for a fool?

He didn't text me back for a few DAYS. Then I finally get a random text from him apologizing saying that his text to me didn't send when he thought it did. Is it just me or does this sound like BS?

Most Helpful Guy

• It can happen. It's happened to me. I guess if it is a one time thing, just for get about it.

What Guys Said 2

• I sometimes send texts to my father, he doesn't receive them, and I can see that on his phone. So it's possible.

But I wasn't aware of it. The text was sent, it didn't reach. Which is different.

So in your case, it might be bollocks indeed ;)

• BS

What Girls Said 2

• Has he replied other texts in the past, or was this the very first one? I'd give it the benefit of doubt it if was the very first since it can sometimes happen between certain cell phone types/models/reasons... but if you've already texted normally with him, it smells like BS!

• Well, maybe it is, maybe it isn't for this one text. BUt then he should have wondered why there was nothing back from you (presumably?) So to me, it does sound like an excuse. But for what?

Sometimes guys withdraw for no apparent reason. They need some time to themselves. Perhaps it was that and now he feels an excuse is better and will lead to fewer questions.

If everything is OK now, I would accept it at face value and move on.