Is it a good idea to send multiple messages a day to people on dating sites?

Is this something most people do? just to increase the odds of getting someone to respond to you?

i don't mean sending the same person multiple messages, I mean messaging many people

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as they're not copy and paste. Girls can spot that from a mile away. But like the other guy said, your self-esteem can get shot if no one or very few reply. I remember sending about 10 or so unique and funny messages and didn't get a single response. I just gave up after that. It was too depressing and a waste of time. It just showed me that most of them really did care about looks. I'm not bad looking nor am I stunningly attractive like an actor but I think my height made them just skip me.

What Girls Said 2

• No please don't do that.As a girl I find it to be annoying.It shows desperation and also how pushy is the guy.I was on dating site and there were some guys who sent me like 3-4 messages.If the girls aren't responding its an obvious sign that they aren't interested.

• i don't mean sending the same person multiple messages, I mean messaging many people

• can you give me an example of what a guy said to you and made you respond to him?

• Something like "hey there you seem to have a lot of interest.I like to watch horror movies too! Hmm you like milkshake? (assuming I put milkshake as one of my interest)

It depends on what her profile says.Try to be general as a start.Don't make your message sounds flirty.

• i think most guys do

What Guys Said 2

• You can send as many messages as you want. In sites like those, If you want 5 replies you are going to need to send about 100 messages. For various reasons like them not being online, not interested, buried under all the other messages.

• It can also increase the failure rate and lower the self-esteem, as women don't seem to answer a lot, even when you spend time writing a message.