Why is it that girls, women, in their late teens and 20's is when they have loads, tons of options of guys

to choose from to date and be in a relationship with, sleep with? that's what it seems like from my observation, women in their late teens(starting at 18) and lasting through their 20's(maybe more so especially early 20's, like up to 23 or 24) is when they have most of their dating power, that's when they are most likely to have a boyfriend or be actively involved in the dating and relationship scene, have tons of relationships, have guys, men hitting on them, approaching them and asking them out left and right, when they get flooded and bombarded with messages on online dating sites, etc., but it seems once they reach their 30's, women are usually single more often, why is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Women in general always have tons of options when it comes to dating. Even unattractive and fat women have a lot more options than a average looking guy and this is because of outdated dating rules. Average, fat and/or unattractive looking guys have no options .

What Girls Said 7

• I'm in that age range and I haven't been asked out in months. I just think as we get older we adjust our expectations from naive teenage dreaming to reality

• Because we settled too soon for fear of being the last woman standing alone.

• Hello! Most people - by 30 - are already married! Or, in serious relationships! That's why women in their 30s are single more often. Plus, you have to keep in mind that a lot of those "30s women" are already divorced. There are many factors. Actually, I disagree. I'm 21 and dating sucks for me. I'm attractive, intelligent, independent, opinionated, strong, etc. and I have a hard time finding men that can handle that. I'll probably have more luck at an older age. It stands to reason that it depends on your personality, maturity, and circumstance, whether you will be "lucky" at dating at a particular age!

• how are you independent?

• Ugly, fat, socially awkward, plain and shy girls aren't bombarded with dating options, no matter what their age. On the flipside, attractive, outgoing, charming, funny men have lots of dating options. Dating is always hard if you're not conventionally desirable and is less hard when you are. But only superficially. Getting a lot of attention doesn't necessarily make up for a bad childhood or other internal struggle that can hurt a person's attempt for a healthy relationship.

• "Men age like wine and Women age like milk"

After reading that and the rest of that hogwash you typed, it's apparent you don't ever leave your mom's basement anon boy.

Anywho, it's because that's all guys care about really. But in general, women will always will have more options than men.

• another thing I hate, guys are expected to be more like adults than girls are

• considering that I'm 22 this overwhelms me

• Because that's when they look the -prettiest- or so people think. I personally it's her 30s. Since that's all guys care about is looks, that's why women have a lot more options when they are younger.

• oh ya because girls sure do give ugly guys like me a chance

• and it doesn't matter what the womans living situation is either

What Guys Said 7

• Their looks are starting to fade.

• not sure if I like this, this scares me

• I guess that's their karma

• They usually are past their prime by 30 - around the same time, that's when men begin to enter their's ;)

• Men age like wine and women age like milk. Very few women remain attractive throughout their lives, plus guys get sick of all the games and the drama and eventually will walk out when they're to the limit. There are far more women then men in the world, so men have more options. That's another thing that women forget! I think the whole situation would be a lot better if women actually told us what they wanted, didn't try and change us, and just weren't so entitled acting.

• Shouldn't you be able to answer this? Who would YOU rather date? A girl in that age bracket or in another one? Why?

• The biological clock is ticking. That's why.