When someone makes a general remark about people on GAG do you like being the exception that disproves them?

For instance recently a guy asked 'do girls test guys more than guys test girls?' and a few people already went in and said 'i don't test guys'

or 'why do girls date jerks' and a few will say 'i don't date jerks.'

so to those who do that, do you like being the exception that proves their general statements wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't matter if a girl goes against the general if she isn't displaying it. For example, if a girl here says "I don't date jerks", it could very well mean that she doesn't date anyone at all but if she were to date, he "wouldn't be a jerk".

I am curious about the point you've raised.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think a lot of their 'general statements' are functional as generalizations, is the thing. In many cases, I'm not some rare exception.

What Guys Said 1

• Honestly, I haven't really think about it much. A lot of people, whether they be guys or girls, are become jaded in some fashion due to the people they interact with. Some are just pure trolling to get a rise out of people, so yeah.