You have dated a guy for 5 years and he always forgets your birthday, does he really love you?

q:mkaan If you have known and dated a guy for more than 5 years and he always forgets your birthday, does the guy really love you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people just suck at remembering dates. It doesn't mean they don't love you (I think the fact they've been with you for 5 years can attest to that), they just don't remember. That's why I guess just put it in their calender on their phone, or something.

What Guys Said 4

• Some people just have awful memories...that doesn't mean he doesn't love you!

• Yep.

• If he remembered everyone elses birthday then you MIGHT have a point, but I suspect he is like every other guy out there and he just doesn't give the tiniest sh*t about anyones birthday, anniversary or anything like that.

We don't care about those things. That's why the husband forgetting his wedding anniversary is such a common cliche in comedy, because everyone can relate to it.

• My parents have been married for 35 years and together for 40 and my dad still doesn't always remember her birthday or anniversaries.

What Girls Said 8

• I am horrible at remembering birthdays, like I would remember a couple days/week before but then it would go completely out of mind. It's not that I forget on purpose or don't love the person though.

I don't think forgetting your birthday means he doesn't love you, maybe keep reminding him that it's coming up

• Some people, not just guys, are awful with remembering dates.

That's why I always bring it up a week or two before-hand, as a reminder. For example, mine is this coming Saturday and I'm getting a 3-day "weekend" this week so I would casually say something like, "Whoo-hoo, I get a three-day weekend right before my birthday!"

If he has that information and chooses to ignore/forget it then no, he is not a keeper.

• if it's only your birthday he forgets and not friends and such then maaaaybe. But some guys just have a really bad memory. my boyfriend forgot it was my birthday this year even though I said the night before it was my birthday the next day and we live together. I ahd to remind him on my birthday lol but he also forgets everybody elses including his family,but if I asked him right now ehn my b-day was he'd know XD

• Nah most guys are just horrible at remembering that stuff. My boyfriend can't even remember how old he is most of the time lol

• Yesss he does! I was married for 5 years gaved the man 2 kids and he still couldn't remember my birthday! Don't take it personal men are programmed to be forgetful of the little things like that ohhh but ask em when football season start or the birthday of they favorite player and they'll know lmao those a**holes lol their not like us all into detail don't worry as long as he knows what to get you for your birthday rather its to early or late that's all that matters.. Use it to your advantage to get gifts!

• Yes

Guys are forgetful. Birthdays and anniversaries mean little to nothing for them, generally speaking. It says nothing about how he feels about you or your relationship

• I always forget my own birthday too! Do I really love myself?

• I get it if you have bad memory, but I mean come on 5 years.. He couldn't have written it on a calendar or put it in his technological devices lol?