What is the best gift I could give her on our first date?

I am very curios to know about suggestion about gift, what should be your suggestion of a gift for her?

Most Helpful Guy

• NO NO NO!

The very best gift you can give her on your first date is your ATTENTION. That's all she really wants anyway. Put your money in your pocket and leave it there - the very worst thing you can do is to spend any significant money on a girl for your first several dates. It's a very common mistake, but it's absolutely a mistake!

You need to spend no more than $20 per date, TOTAL, including ALL COSTS, for your first three dates. Why? Several reasons:

- If she's just after your money, she'll quickly realize you're the wrong guy for her, and she'll dump you, which would be doing you a HUGE FAVOR!

- You aren't going to creep her out and make her uncomfortable, or make her feel obligated when she doesn't want to be.

- You won't be setting a bad precedent that you will always spend money on her, and won't make yourself feel like you always need to be outdoing yourself.

- Most importantly, it will force you to THINK and be CREATIVE about how you plan your dates, and will remind you to focus on the single most important thing you need to be doing on your dates: TALKING TO EACH OTHER!

The purpose of dating isn't just to have a good time, it's also to get to know the other person, and find out if you have long-term compatibility or not. That means you need to ask a lot of serious, important questions of each other, and make sure that your answers make for a viable relationship.

Some examples:

- Careers (what do you each do/want to do? Are they compatible?)

- Family (any big obligations/expectations/responsibilities that will affect the other person?)

- Marriage?

- Children?

- Religion?

- Where will you live? (Does one person plan/need to move away for their career or family?)

- Finances? (Are either of you in debt/have bad credit? Do you know how to save money, and how to spend it wisely?)

- Sex? (How much, how often, what kind, roles, etc.?)

- Anything else that's potentially important/relevant/will affect the other person.

Most important, you need to be man enough to break off the relationship if you find that the answers you get aren't compatible with your plans and lifestyle, no matter how much you like (or think you like) the girl, because love will NOT solve these kinds of issues.

Assuming you make it past the first 3-5 dates, and she likes you and trusts you and is comfortable with you, THEN you can maybe get her a little gift, and I promise you, she will appreciate it 100 times more if you wait that long than if you give it to her early on, even if it's a flower or a little stuffed animal or whatever. She's not going to appreciate anything until she has an EMOTIONAL CONNECTION to you, and that takes a while to build up.

Several of the girls here agree with me, so if you don't listen to me, listen to them!

• experienced..?

• Oh, yeah, I made these same mistakes when I was young and dumb, and despite being "smart", I couldn't understand why it didn't work. I was lucky to get so destroyed by a relationship at 21 that I started to research women and relationships, and by about 23, my eyes were fully open for the first time, and I realized that most conventional wisdom was totally wrong, and that most of what women told me was WRONG.

There was no public Internet until I was about 24; WAY easier to learn today!

What Girls Said 20

• I personally wouldn't like it if a guy gave me a gift on the first date. It would actually make me really uncomfortable because I would feel like the guy is trying to buy my affection or something. I'd be fine with him just paying for the date, haha. I really think you should get to know the girl before buying her a gift -- that way, the gift (a book, her favorite candy, something that has to do with an inside joke between the two of you, etc) will be a lot more personal.

• d*** in a box

link

• Flowers, if anything. I've never known anyone to give gifts on a 1st date though; I'd feel uneasy if a guy gave me a gift.

• a big 14k ring, no I'm joking :), um I think the best gift you could give is to show her the best first date of her life. have fun and show her a good time.

• I always like it when a guy makes a cd of music he likes so I can get exposed to a band I may not know otherwise. It doesn't cost much to do it and it's a sweet gesture.

• A puppy if we're speaking truthfully :P

Just be attentive, respectful, and courteous and I don't see how anything could go wrong.

• Don't give any gifts. First dates are just about seeing if you're compatible. I think a gift would give a bit of pressure which would work against you.

• I always tell guys if you want to give a nice gift go find a scarf. They are usually on sale in certain stores and girls can wear them with almost any tshirt... and you don't have to guess on a size! I also love the idea of a stuffed animal, but that might be a second/third date thing unless she has specifically mentioned a stuffed animal before.

• You won't always have a second date after the first date so its better to give a gift to a girl you know you have chemistry with and have no doubt she will stick around. But if you still wanna give her something on the first date flowers would great. I just wouldn't recommend it because some girls think that once a guy starts giving them gifts more often she will start to appreciate it less and become a gold digger and get mad once you can't give her something. Just give her gifts on occasions like anniversaries&birthdays,holidays.

• I wouldn't go with anything more than flowers maybe. And, not extravagant ones. Small and simple.

• Dont have to give any, just make it an enjoyable day for both of you.

• Her favorite flowers or chocolate since you don't really know her or what she likes.

• Flowers provided she's not allergic, or maybe a small stuffed animal.. anything else says you are trying too hard

• "Must" you buy her something on the "first" date?

• Your full attention and interest. also something out of the ordinary scratch the basic date and show her something you are interested in. Show her a piece of you.

• Well honestly I would say nothing because I may feel uncomfortable if someone gave me a gift on the first date.But if you feel like you need to get her something I would say to go with flowers :)

• Flowers

• You don't need to buy her anything. Women should earn your money. Don't immediately start throwing money at them. A sweet gift, after you get to know a girl some and decide you like her...go to a nursery and buy a little potted plant like daisies, or miniature roses. They're cheaper than a bouquet of flowers, and last way longer.

• Flowers

• I don't believe in giving gifts on a first date.Its weird.You could give her flowers though...nothing weong with that.

What Guys Said 17

• Yeah, gifts aren't necessary but if you want to do something small, you can never go wrong with flowers. Just make sure she isn't allergic to them. But the best gift is just being a gentlemen and having a good time.

• see what I mean, all the women on here say flowers, all guys say NO, don't take women advice on this, they are trying to steer you wrong, NO GIFT NO FLOWERS, show this chick a good time instead, something fun and inexpensive and lean back afterward, shell start pursuing you some.

• I wouldn't worry too much about giving her a gift on a first date. It's better when you've already developed a bit of a relationship. If you give her a gift and she hasn't really done anything to merit it, I'd imagine it comes off more as though it's just something to do for every girl.

However, I can think of something excellent you could give her. It's more of an icebreaker than a gift: A CD.

Just a CD of some of your personal favorites, or songs in which she comes to mind. It's a good long-term icebreaker, because you can use the music you choose to express yourself. It's something I usually do.

• Dinner, first dates don't need gifts.

• Thank you

• No problem, only time necessary for a gift is the birthdays or specific anniversaries like one month 2 month (if a relationship is cute like that)

• By western standards - nothing, it would do more harm then good. Its inappropriate, and being inappropriately generous makes you seem desperate/odd.

You could check if local customs where you are are different.

• A genuinely good time and connection

• normally I'd jokingly say a d*** in a box, but on a first date man? nothing that is way too soon if you do just want to give her something then something small like flowers but even then it is too over the top for me, g'luck man

• You don't give gifts on a first date. The only thing you have to do is to enjoy the time you spend with her and make sure she enjoys herself as well.

• No gifts on the first date. You're already taking her out.

• No gift would be much better than any gift.

The more you spend on her,the more you will be mistrusted.If she expects gifts,she's a gold-digger.

• best gift for first date? NO GIFT. Trust me on this, DON'T DO IT

• I don't condone gifts on first date.

• youre gonna ruin it by caring too much. its the first date.. you don't even know her and you're worried that much about impressing her? that subcommunicates neediness from you to her

• 0|0
  • nothing you will look desperate

• Don't. Bring. Her. A. Gift.

Especially not on a first date.

• Don't. It's a bit too "try hard." Just go out and have fun. Remember this isn't a one way thing--she should be impressing you too.