How physical should a first date be?

I was wondering how far one would be able to go on a first date while still keeping things appropriate. Would you hold hands on a first date, end of date kiss (if so, lips or cheek?).

If you're a guy, answer through experience. If you're a girl, answer through preference & experience.

Most Helpful Guy

• you could try and kiss her if it seemed like a good time (lips), but also just hand touching a kino on the first date is good since it makes you seem less eager/desperate. Second date is definitely a good time otherwise it will start regressing to the friend zone. Third date is the time for sex unless she is the type that like to wait for several ages to pass by first (religious girls).

• kino? What is that? xD I mean, I know what to do on a second date, because if there is a second date there is obviously something going on, but I always get muddled with the first one's "boundaries." Are kisses on the lips for a first date common? I usually shoot for the second date on that, but a cheek kiss on the first to show I'm interested.

• Like kinesthetics- light, playful touching on the hand/arm/etc that makes physical contact more comfortable and common, so that when you go in for the kiss you have better odds. I wouldn't say that kissing on the lips is common, but neither is it uncommon. Sometimes, when just dancing with a girl, you can make out with her. I personally do not like the cheek kiss because it says that you're not at ease enough with the situation to go all the way--it shows more confidence to go for the lips.

What Girls Said 3

• Lots of smiling,Hugging,handshakes,eskimo kisses link pat on the back, holding hands(I liked when he slowly initiated it), peck on the cheek or link (social kissing), cute compliments and at the end of the date if the chemistry is great a nice peck on the lips. <3

* I remember when I was on a date way back and he tried to slip me some tongue..NO. French kissing is a no on a first date. And I hated how intense his stares were.

• I like to keep things light when I date a guy for the first time, but hugging and holding hands is prefectly fine for me, and a kiss on the cheek at the end of the date should be enough.

• I am not trying to be a creeper woman but you are one of the cutest GAG male members.

• It's alright, thanks for the compliment :) You are one of the mysterious GAG female members :P

What Guys Said 3

• First dates should be fun filled with a little bit of flirting and light touching. Touches should be light and in areas like the arm or near the knee. Certainly not erogenous zones although if its light and stimulating it can be great for them.

If she gets used to your touch, that is just yet another way for her to get used to you and emotionally invested. While walking if you are holding hands give a light sqeeze, if she squeezes back that is a really good sign.

As far as kisses. Don;t go straight for the lips. IT's could to be a little mysterious but don't blatantly mess with her. Give verbal approval and say something along the lines of really enjoying the company or the date, and say it would be great to go on another one.

• However physical you can make it! Remember, you're built to mate, so mating is the best goal. If you want to guarantee multiple attempts at mating then try "taking it slow" while if you want to just hit it and quit it you've got nothing to lose!

Ahoy Matey! Get it? Mate? Mating? Haha. Yeah ...

• No limit.