Guys, is it true that you befriend us to date us?

So, I heard through the grapevine that guys befriend girls because they want to date them eventually. Is this true? If it is, explain. And if it isn't explain.

Thanks! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. What other reason would there be?

What Guys Said 9

• I pretty much have to be friends first before we date because I am so dorky it wouldn't work out any other way.

• uhm... I can't believe you have to ask this. Isn't it like, blatently obvious that's why guys are so nice to girls?

• If you're ugly, no.

If you are beneath his station, no.

Otherwise, probability wise I say "yes."

Sex or getting us other women (Sex).

• I think you got it a bit twisted.

Guys only befriend girls they find attractive.

• Oh yes, that is my grand master plan; date all 40 of the women I befriend, 30 of which are great for only certain activities and that I cannot stand outside of those activities! :D

PRO. CRE. ATE!

• Sometimes but not all the time.

• If we are trying to date upwards, yes. We see our chances get better if we manage a connection with someone out of our league.

• I'll be honest why I myself befriend women. I'm average looking, so if I ask a girl out I barely know do you think she'll say yes? Doubtful. Now I think I'm a great guy who has his life together. (not trying to sound cocky) I've been told this before by a few girls. But basically I like to befriend girls because it gives them a chance to get to know me some before I try to ask them out.

• Date or f*ck, which ever comes first - or what we prefer more.

We certainly don't want a platonic relationship

What Girls Said 3

• And THAT ^^^^^^^ is why women love gay guys!

However, my fiance' is friends with a model... He had plenty of chances to get with her, but he never did. I know this because she said it was weird and then I came along and proved him to be straight after all.

• What? Seriously?!

I have guy friends... Does that mean they want to date me?

I'm wondering with all seriousness.

• It's just what I heard. As I described in the question, "through the grapevine" doesn't necessarily mean it is true, it is just something I heard.

• For the most part, guys are only nice to girls to try to get some play. Guys are driven by competition and goals (sex) rather than social bonds (friendship)