Getting engaged after a month of dating?

My best friend just told me that her and her boyfriend of one month are engaged. Knowing her, it din't surprise me. The thing is, her and her boyfriend are both 18, and she just got out of a bad relationship.

For me, I wouldn't get married if we hadn't been dating for at least a year, probably more.

What's up with all of these young couples getting married after only a few months of dating? How can you possibly know someone well after a few months?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have more than a couple friends from high school both guys and girls that have rushed into marriage. And I kind of just step back and wait for the show to unfold. Chances are they don't really think things through and are living in the moment, rather than the moment, and foreseeable future. I think you should really get to know a person before committing the rest of your days to theirs.

What Guys Said 2

• God only knows. I think some women are just marriage crazy - watching too many romantic comedies.

• It has to do with the panick of being lonely, and a bad understanding of their life's expectations, in my opinion.

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds like immaturity to me. They'll probably break up before they get married.