Why are my friends pressuring me to dating again?

I have been single for 6 years. I'm 23 years old. All my friends (all male) are in relationships. They are constantly bothering me about how I need to get a girlfriend. I have never asked a woman out, or even approached one first, but I have no complaints of being lonely at all. I don't want a girlfriend, I like my freedom. Why are my friends pressuring me to date? Why can't they understand that not every guy wants a woman?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have people all the time asking me why I am single. Yeah I would really like to have a girlfriend but I am not going to just settle for someone I don't want to be with just to have someone. I think looking at it from when you are in a relationship, those friends only see the same aspects of there relationships apply to you and a girl. They don't know what you are after in a women, they don't think about those awkward first meetings lol, and they also forget what it is like to have freedom. They believe you would be happier with a girlfriend but some people are perfectly content being single.

What Girls Said 2

• They probably think that you feel alone and that it might be strange to them that you haven't been in a relationship for that long. There's nothing wrong with that, if you don't feel like you need a significant other, then let it be..it's better than rushing or wanting to constantly be in a relationship.

• You don't need to have a girlfriend if you don't want to, nothing wrong with being single and enjoying life. :) Tell them that, maybe they are jealous over that you can do whatever you want to and they can't? :)

What Guys Said 0