What if anything should I do?

I've been dating a guy for 7 months. I'm divorced with one child. He has never been married, but has a child from a previous relationship. We have established Friday night date nights and had dinner last Friday night. All went well from my perspective, although we had to cut it short because he had to pick up his son. We have discussed him meeting my daughter, who I have full time, but he has never discussed my meeting his son. We usually communicate every few days. He refuses to text which would enable us to communicate the most, so we mostly email because he says he doesn't ever know when I have the privacy to take a phone call. Like I said, last Friday night's date went well and he mentioned this Friday night, but I haven't heard from him since Friday night! 5 days! I think this is the longest we've been without communication since our first date. I don't know what to think. Could he have vanished? Yes, he has told me he's in love with me and then, after that, we've been intimate. I've been waiting to hear from him, but nothing so far this week! If I contact him now, it will look like I'm fishing for my Friday night date, but I don't know what to think. What should I do?

• Do nothing and assume no date
  • Email him and ask if everything is ok

What Guys Said 1

• This is a great question, but its too important to be a poll question. This is a discussion question. To best help you I need some more back ground info. Are you guys exclusive? If so, for how long? How old is he? How old are both his and your kids?

Okay, first, I'm glad he doesn't want to text. He gets points for this. Texting sucks in a relationship...especially used as a form of chatting.

Second, the emailing is very lame. So romantic right? Come on guys! The ONLY form of communication should be in person, or a little talking on the phone period. He loses points for the lame excuse for not ever calling. That's weak. I hate to bash the guy in front of his girlfriend,but the truth hurts sometimes.

A side question..was him having to pick up his son a surprise or was it planned? I will be able to help you further after some more info.

• Thank you so much for this thoughtful response! He told me the Monday before our Fruday night date. He is 49 and never married. His son is 6. He said he never considered marrying the mother. honestly that made me worry. it was at 4 months that he told me he's in love with me and then we were intimate. My daughter is 14. We've discussed him meeting my daughter which he seems receptive to, but never me meeting his son. He says his baby mama is bipolar and would give him a hard time.

• Should I let him know though? Seems to me that the lesson from this is for me to hold off on sex until I have the type of relationship I want. I would have thought that 4 months and an "I'm in love with you" would be enough, but this is not enough. Will guys hold off that long? I can easily do so. However, I've lost guys for requiring as much as I have in this relationship. It is very confusing and frustrating for me!

• I didn't take the homemade dessert thing to mean sex. A guy that is truly in love with a girl, and isn't selfish, will wait for sex a long time. Don't worry about losing him. You guys need to work on the relationship right now. Don't let sex get in the way. Send him the email like I said, and when he calls you, take the date. If he wants sex later, tell him you're not ready.

What Girls Said 0