Guys: Are the girls you meet online dating weird?

How does meeting in person tend to go for you?

Are they weirder than usual?

Most Helpful Guy

• They are the same weirdos I meet in real life. Sometimes I even bump into profiles of people I know in real life.

The main types I end up meeting are typically girls who are in no position to date. Some just have issues, others have real life complications that make me wonder why they even made a profile to begin with. I also meet girls with ego issues who get off on the fact that they have 50+ emails a day. Tell me how much I'm supposed to be turned on when I meet a girl who is literally bragging about "being stalked" by a guy online and how she gets 50+ messages a day from guys wanting to cuddle and stuff. She's not creeped out; she's bragging.

The ones I don't meet have over-the-top expectations(laundry list profiles) or there are some who cancel on me constantly and I just stop making plans with them. This has happened both with and without online involved. So I don't consider the internet to be a factor in the potential craziness of girls I may end up meeting.

Ironically girls complain that there are crazy guys online yet they keep choosing to meet more crazy people. My overall stance is if she cannot decide whether or not she wants to meet a guy based on his profile, she shouldn't be dating and I consider her a problem in why online dating is so difficult. I'd rather not message a waste of a profile back and forth numerous times without meeting. I'd rather her just not reply. But there are girls who outright admit they just make profiles for attention.

What Guys Said 8

• No, no weirder or crazier than any other woman I've ever met.

Girls online tend to be a little more no-nonsense than girls you meet at bars or clubs. Girls at bars and clubs are looking for attention for the most part. Girls online are looking for a relationship or to get seriously busy, so they don't tend to bs as much.

Other than that, it's all about the same.

• They are a lot more demanding that's for sure.

Well I have meet a total of 4 women from online dating sites. One was absolutly nothing like her picture and kind of scared me. 2nd would only talk about her work and it started to drive me crazy. The 3rd one was pretty nice but she said I reminder her of her brother O.o.

The last chick I meet I went out on two dates and she asked if she could come over to my place and if I was a lone I was kind of nervous and just said uhh what exactly would be doing and she kind of just changed the subject. We talked about another couple days and then she left me a message saying sorry for leading you on I have a boyfriend. The one I actually liked the most go figure.

• It happens more often than you think, what happened with the last girl you met. Guys and girls who are in relationships tend to be a lot more relaxed and won't try to impress you as much. So you're automatically drawn to them. But it was a bitch move of her nonetheless.

• Yeah I can get that but I find it a little tacty that people are being honest and want to find someone honest. I was just kind of pissed she would ask me stuff like if she could come over to my place then I find out she has a boyfriend. Makes me wonder how many guys she tries to see behind his back O.o

• Nah not most of the time - It's like anything else though, you will always have a few that seem "weird".

• I am in a situation where I met a girl that is an amazing match for me online. We chatted via text for a couple of days and then made plans to get some food. It lasted only an hour, but it was a calm and casual meet. It really will only go as awkward or weird as you/them make it. Just know a bit about the person, and have some things to discuss/ask and all is gravy. UNLESS of course the person is not as described, and tricked you, then get the hell outta there.

• Lol, funny you mention. My friend was using an online dating site and he wanted me to come with him to meet her (But I didn't know at the time). Although she was beautiful, she was so crazy. No sign of intelligence with her.

• I met one that tried to get me to join her occupy wall street group at our first meeting.

• Rather than weird or crazy, I feel that the girls online are extremely dishonest, and once you start dating them, it gradually becomes more and more obvious that they had lied to you all along. Till now I have dated 2 girls through online dating, and I'll describe what happened with each of them:-

1) First I dated a girl during the end of 2010. We exchanged a few emails, shared our contact numbers, spoke for a few times and decided to start dating. Went out on a few dates until the beginning of 2011. Then suddenly, she sent me a text saying that she has some severe personal issues, and can't stay in touch with me until they get resolved. And she also deactivated her number. I was surprised, but I felt she just needed some space, so I agreed. Then, after 15 days, she called me and told me that due to some unavoidable circumstances she had to get married to her colleague in a hurry. Totally ridiculous I know. But I admit I really liked her and was a bit disappointed, but still I wished her the best in life. I moved on, but in July 2012, she contacted me out of the blue. When I asked her regarding marriage, she repeatedly argued that she was only engaged and not married, and that her engagement eventually fell through. She asked me if we could date again, but I said I'd need time to decide. We hung out again a few times, but STRICTLY as friends. At one point, she asked me to provide her a referral at my company, because she was unemployed. But when I saw her resume, I was shocked to see a name which was different. When I asked her, she came up with some lame excuse and said she uses different names for personal and professional purposes. AT that point, I was totally convinced that she was either mentally unstable, or trying to get some benefit out of me. So I have kept her at a distance now, with only a couple of texts exchanged every few months.

2) This girl was someone I dated during mid-2011. She was the one who contacted me on an online dating site. We felt we were compatible with each other, so we decided to meet in person. But when I first saw her, I was totally shocked. On her dating profile she had mentioned her height as 5'4", but looking at her I was sure she was actually less than 4'10". When I asked her about it, she casually said that if she had mentioned her actual height, most guys wouldn't be interested in her, so she mentioned 5'4" on purpose. That is not all. As we went on a few more dates, She used to behave very strangely and often contradicted her own words. Like she lied about her educational qualifications, her religion, and several other things too. So I stopped dating her, although we remained in contact for a few more months before finally putting an end to it.

These are the things I have described only with girls I dated. Apart from these 2, I also had some ridiculous experiences with a few other girls on online dating sites. So now I have FIRMLY decided to stay away from online dating, because its TOTALLY fake.

• girls never gave me a chance because I am not good looking (even though they aren't either )

What Girls Said 2

• Engaged and living with the guy I met off OK Cupid! ha ha ;)

• I've dated online and usually end up swapping experiences with guys. It seems that the ratio of weird people online is just about even with the ratio of weird people in the general population.

That being said, I am 30. For people under 25, not as many seem to date online ... so the percentage of awkwardness may be higher.