Downsides of being pretty and dating?

I know, this sounds so silly, why would a pretty girl have trouble dating? But let me explain.

Girls, especially attractive ones, can be seen as sex objects to guys and this, in turn, makes a guy take her less seriously. I know plenty of guys who just wanted to hook up with me and not bother getting to know me. Yes, I did find guys who wanted to date, but that didn't happen as often.

I was talking with my guy friend about this and he said it can be hard for pretty girls, because a lot of guys either see them as too intimidating and so don't approach or think they are out of their league to date or they know that a lot of guys give them attention and are afraid that they would lose the girl if they dated.

I'm curious as to what your thoughts are on this.

Most Helpful Girl

• The downside is hearing "I didn't think you'd be interested in me" because everyone's going to be "out of my league" to someone. I don't think I'm all that, but a lot of the guys who I thought weren't into me later fessed up that they thought I was too pretty or too smart or whatever to date them.

And these were fine guys! They were just insecure about themselves!

I have watched how an overtly pretty girl in a bar or singles club will get approached or ignored by certain men... guys who think they have to run game on women or guys who just want to see if they have any shot whatsoever. Thing is, pretty girls aren't mindless vapid people, they want love in their lives too.

Sometimes I think the best answer to cure the problem is for a pretty girl to approach whomever she's interested in and spark off the conversation so it's OBVIOUS to a guy they are being approached because they are definitely within her league. :)

What Guys Said 3

• Any gift has downsides, but that doesn't diminish the gift. If someone gives you a new car, it's bad form to complain about the extra trouble car ownership generates, especially to those who have to take the bus. Would you rather be attractive and be forced to be selective to weed out the many guys who want to date you for the wrong reasons or be unattractive and have no guys to choose from at all? Granted, this is still a problem, but it's a problem of too many choices. That is always a good problem to have.

• Agree with both perspectives. Lots of guys don't approach beautiful women because of the various intimidation factors. And I know some beautiful women who are "vigilant" in what kind of guy they set their eyes on, surprisingly prefer less physically attractive type guys, probably because they know those guys probably won't use and abuse them.

• Don't be silly . I Take it back don't be so silly,

Dating and hooking up , Dating is driven by attraction ( infatuation) and desire to hook up by lust, the better looking person is the likelihood of someone falling in love increases .Most men would be willing to engage in non committal sex with a girl they were not attracted to.If the girl is not good looking then it will increase her of being used just for sex . It's the opossite of what you just said

Stop playing the words smallest violin

What Girls Said 1

• I'm in the same boat as you. I hate trying to find someone compatible and someone who will take me seriously, instead of wasting my time just because they want to get in your pants!