"Catfished" this guy on accident?

i recently joined an online dating site out of boredom to amuse myself by trolling some of the desperate pervy guys on there and of course I used an obvious fake pic of a model. this really cute guy messaged me and I looked at his profile and we seemed to have a lot in common so I just rolled with it, thinking it wouldn't really lead to anything except it did, we really hit it off. naturally, after a few days of talking back and forth he now wants to meet up. should I tell him the truth that the girl in the pic isn't me, assuming he'll hate me and never want to talk to me again? how would you guys react? I have no problem showing him what I look like but now I fear it's too late. or on the other hand should I just forget about him, cut off all contact with him and delete my account? please help me

Most Helpful Girl

• idk why all these answers are judging you. It was an innocent mistake. Plus, you know how many dangerous pervs are out there! I never give out my real name, or my real address. Or my real age for that matter. lol

But don't just close out the account without telling him anything. Because imagine how that would make you feel if the tables were turned. The point is. Write an apology, explain what happened, add your real pic. And at the end, write "I am now closing this account, if you would still like to get to know me further, here is my phone number" And leave it at that. Let the pieces fall where they may

• thank you so much for giving me real advice without calling me a **** or a bitch.

• Yeah there was nothing innocent about it. I agree with imagineus.

• To Black mask & Imagineus: It was innocent. I do NOT give out my real information on the internet. Not my age, not my address, not my real name.

To Asker: That's great! Good Luck :)

What Guys Said 8

• Show him the real pic of you as soon as possible... given your not bad looking you'll prob be able to keep things rolling. If he's got a sense of humor you both will end up laughing over this later down the road.

• you should tell him. Message him a link of yourself. Be straight forward with him. He'll probably be pissed off.

• You know as many a**holes as there are on those sites there are also a number of honest, caring and respectful people who are on there trying to do the right thing. They also have feelings and it is not fair to lie to someone especially if you can see they posses all those qualities.

• Yeah, tell him. He won't forgive you, but at least you won't compound lying to him by leaving him confused forever.

Then close your account down.

• You know while commiting a felony...if you "accidentally" kill someone,

It becomes murder.

You should either tell him direct and apologize or just delete your account.

• Well, if I'm being honest, I have to say you got what you deserved. You went online to hurt guys, and then you ended up liking a guy you can't be with because you've lied to him so badly.

You should tell him the truth; then you should delete your account.

• And if he really is a good guy, it's not your lack of super-model looks that will turn him off, it's the fact that you lied and, to make it worse, you lied in order to hurt people.

• If you join a dating site and then pretend to be interested in someone, of course you're likely to hurt that person. So what if that person is apparenty looking for sex only? What if some guy were to troll you because he didn't like your profile?

• your comment made no sense. I don't think you know what trolling is.

• So far, you get no sympathy from me, you completely brought this on yourself, and you did it while being a total cunt, with the intent of being a cunt. So before I help you, I have one condition. Tell me why I should. Why should I even feel bad for you? Why should I help you when you totally brought it on yourself? If you can give me a good answer, I'll bail you out all the way. Deal?

• Why should we help you. Your original intent was to go on the site and troll people who are unlucky in love. You don't deserve any help. Fix it yourself.

What Girls Said 3

• Just tell him the truth

• you f***ed up sorry.

• Tell him you lied and take whatever you get. Not like you deserve anything good after what you did.

• Whatever, you got lucky. Also you were still being a bitch.