Went on one date with a guy and he wants to know if I'm a virgin/how many guys I've been with? Is that weird?

I mean, really. We've been on ONE date. He texted me tonight and asked if he could ask some personal questions. I said sure. He asked if I was a virgin and how many guys I've been with. Doesn't that seem kind of odd for after one date? I mean, don't people discuss those things after... several? Or when they're actually in a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a little forward. I hope you didnt' answer.

• I did to the first answer and then the 2nd I was like, why do you care so much? He was like oh sorry if that's too personal. This was over TEXT messaging.

• Well, this guy hasn't texted me since...

What Guys Said 6

• Ask him if he'd be weirded out if you wanted to know how many inches he is.

I can only see those questions popping up if you've been talking... a lot!... and I mean a lot!

• hahaha I'm not going to bother. He hasn't even texted me since I called him out on it. I asked why he wanted to know and he said just to get to know me better and that he wasn't thinking in anymore depth than that.

• Oh he was thinking about depth alright...

• Lol that's what I think too!

• no that prime info that goes into my selection of the girl I'm trying to date although I usually let her bring it up or ask it during a party as like a joke...hes just not as smooth

• Yeah, this was our first date... and it was actually over text message! I generally come off as really innocent... I don't know why, but I do.The last time I was asked that by a guy he only want to know because he wanted to have sex, didn't want to be the first... and then just wanted to leave.

• I don't get how that's fair. You hope to be every girls first? What if every girl wanted you to be her first?

• no I said I like to be a girls first as in I won't dip out if I am not EVERY wtf I don't think I have enough d*** to go around...lol

• Not weird... Maybe it wasn't the right time to ask the question.

• WOW! I hope that was your first and LAST date with him...

• Might be. He he asked me over a text message! Idk, it just seems awkward/wrong to me.

• Its very wrong. Extremely awkward (and uncomfortable) and way inappropriate! and the fact that he did it via text just adds to his douche-baggery!

• Typically, no, you don't. You save that for later (usually the 3rd date)

• Right!? What does that say about me/him? Is he just trying to get with me?

• Just let life come to you, don't go searching for answers, relax

• Yeah, so be like I am now, do nothing, right? lol

• It is definitely too early to start asking questions like that. Maybe he's a player or a swinger. That better have been your last date with him.

• I feel like he either thinks I'm slutty or that he's a player. The only time I've ever had that happen to me was when the guy turned out be a player. I generally come off as super innocent, no idea why, but I do, so someone assuming I'm a slut would be... really out of personality, basically. I'm pretty much a cardigan wearing, pearls kinda girl... still.

What Girls Said 4

• either he's one of those guys who thinks a girl is worthless and used if she's not a virgin (yet hypocritically thinks its fine for him not to be a virgin whilst expecting different from her) and is trying to find out how much of a slut you are by how many guys youve been with

or

hes overly nosey and not very subtle

or

hes interested to see if a lot of guys (that youve slept with) means itll be easier to get into your pants

either way that's very rude of him to ask without leading the conversation around to exes (3rd or 4th date stuff) and then gently slipping in how many he's been with and letting you opt in to reply with yours

• This was over text message too!

• I don't like that, it would definitely turn me off. It screams insecure and judgmental to me.

• I totally agree! I generally come off as super innocent... I don't know why. Maybe because I am nice?

• hmmm he texts me less... and he doesn't text me when I don't reply right away...which is nice. eh, idk, kinda let it pass... but he's not really on my list to date again... maybe just hang out as friends.

• Yeah fair call

• my boyfriend did that with me but later on I learned it was b.c he had been with so many slutty girls, one even cheated on him, and he just didn't want to go down that path again.

• I've NEVER come off as that girl though. I'm so annoyed.

• me neither

but he just had his wall up

• Idk... maybe this guy has got to go. He texts me ALL the time... even when I don't answer!

• if you didn't know each other before it's weird. after a few dates it is fine to ask about if you are a virgin but too fast is rude. and how many guys is NOT a fair question.

• Blind date! That was the first time we'd met in person.

• he either thinks you are a slut and is trying to find out or he's overly fixated on sex.

• Right!? That's what I think too! That's horrible. I'm so offended. I don't think I'll meet with him. Ugh.