Does anyone else here consider dating a waste of time?

I haven't been in a relationship in 5 years. I'm 23 years old and I'm in college, I never ask women out on dates or approach them because I simply do not care at all. I pretty much never talk to women at my college or in my classes, I just simply don't give a ****. Dating is a waste of time, energy, and money. I gave up on it after my first and only breakup with my ex. I have found other ways to be happy in my life that don't involve women such as reading, going on the internet, and going out to eat alone. I also like my freedom as well. I see no reason to date unless I want kids, and I don't want children therefore I will never get into a relationship with a woman ever again. Am I the only guy who views dating as a complete waste of time?

Most Helpful Guy

• People who are at least semi successful at dating will tell you that it isn't a waste of time , but they fail to realize that there's some who won't whether its their own fault or not. They'll tell you to do this or that, or to hang in there. But I tell you its your life and you can do whatever . Besides I think a person is nuts if they believe that they need someone to complete them.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm quite sure you're not the only guy who thinks that way. Most guys however prefer having sexual encounters instead of dating and if that's not what you prefer that's fine too.

I know someone from school who is like that, everyone suspects he is asexual but I think he just prefers time alone.

I too prefer having time alone but dating is fun too.

• Yes I don't see the appeal. I don't care about commitment unless I want kids.

• Yeah you're weird

What Guys Said 4

• Did you have a bad experience with this first girl you mentioned?

I don't think it is. I want to get married and have children. Only one way to get to that point.

• I caught her cheating on me. Since then, I have turned my back on relationships entirely.

• I'm sorry that happened to you. Why hold it against all girls though? I've had two bad relationships. Am I wary? A bit, yes but I'm not quite ready to give up.

• I'm not holding it against every woman. I'm just protecting myself, that's all.

• Some people need others in there lives to make them happy and others are perfectly content on there own

• I only see it as a waste of time when you are trying to get a date and relationship, the work in order to make it happen and you are not seeing any positive results

• To be honest it can be a waste of time but so could a lot of things. I'd say dating isn't the most important thing in life and shouldn't be a number one priority. That being said it is enjoyable to date people sometimes. It's just finding a person worth your time isn't always the easiest thing to do.