How many dates before you tell a guy where you live?

I met the person online, he asked on our second date if he would pick me up, I said I 'll drive. I'm sure he's gonna ask the same question again. so when to allow him to pick me up, and what do I reply till then?

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was active on dating sites, I didn't even give my name until after we chatted a bit. Then, I gave my first name only and we met after 1-2 weeks of chatting, met in a public place. I usually didn't let them pick me up or let them know where I lived until around the 3rd or 4th date. I was very careful and never had any trouble :-)

Just be honest and tell him you're trying to be careful, and that you'd just rather meet him. He should understand, I'm sure it's not going to be the first time he's heard that (being on a dating site and all).

Good luck!

• Yeah Sparrow had to take a break from dating sites. So many guys were trying to date her and kinda overwhelmed her.

• That'll definitely let you know he's legit, haha!

Ah, the internet ;-)

• good :)

What Guys Said 1

• The girls I dated from online let me know before the first date

What Girls Said 3

• Just tell him you aren't comfortable showing him where you live yet. Hopefully he'll understand. When the time comes and you think you're ready, you'll know. It just depends on the relationship and how you feel things are progressing.

• You don't have to be picked up from right outside your house. I'd suggest somewhere that isn't too far from your house like maybe the end of the road or around the corner instead.

I usually don't tell the guys where my house is I don't mind the area just in case you end up with someone that's a stalker and won't leave you alone.

• Don't ever tell a guy where you live.