She likes me but I'm wary about dating her should I give her a chance?

There's this fairly popular girl on campus. Guys are always hitting on her and taking her out and stuff. I'm like 95% certain she's been trying to get my attention but for the most part I've been ignoring her. I think she's gorgeous but I won't date her. My ex always had guys around her that were just friends but in reality I knew that each guy was actually just next on the list if our relationship failed. Cause that was just how she was when sh*t hit the fan she just moved on to the next guy so I always felt the need to be perfect and it was so stressful and I don't want to go through it again. So I've been ignoring this new girl but unfortunately she's still attractive so sometimes my instincts win and I end up looking. Well she's been trying really hard to catch me looking at her and it's starting to really upset her. And I'm mean she looks furious to depressed sometimes. So whether or not she's actually interested in me or just an attention whore (I don't actually believe these exist I just think guys that end up not getting her make up these labels to avoid damaging their own ego) I just want to know should I even consider giving her a chance. I mean I've been telling myself that these guys aren't just gonna disappear so most likely I'm gonna have to deal with that constant pressure no matter what. And yeah she's definitely the most attractive girl I've seen so far but I mean there are billions of other girls out there to choose from. Plus my friends are all starting to get married and I see all the happiness and stability in their lives and I don't feel like she's in the same mind frame. Am I being cruel and irrational or is this an acceptable reason to not bother with trying to date her.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the biggest problem is she hangs out with too many guys and it bothers you. I found out that my crush distant himself from me when I hang with this guy a lot, I can feel like he doesn't want anything to do with me. So I distant myself from my guy friend and hang with my gfs only. That's how we started getting closer. I realize that I can't hang out with guys in front of him else he gets jealous and distant himself from me and I don't want that. I am OK to stop hanging out with guys just so I can be closer to him though. Cause he is all that matters to me.

What Girls Said 4

• Don't date her if you don't feel comfortable with the idea. Maybe she likes you because you are unobtainable? If you think there is competition, go for somebody more stable.

• This is my biggest concern about the situation and there's definitely other people I could date but my brain says no and my instincts say go go go go.

• Just go for it. Don't block your own happiness. If you like her and you think she likes you then why are you creating reasons to dislike her? Try it and see what do you have to lose? don't be negative

• I'm not making up reasons to dislike her I just haven't made an effort to get to know her. I dislike my ex I'm just not as motivated and maybe a little cautious to go any further with this new girl. It's more like indifference or ambivalence then dislike.

• Hmm. This is a tough one. I feel like you kind of know the answer but don't want to admit it to yourself? I don't know. If you are really looking for something more long term, and something tells you she isn't the type, then she wouldn't be a good idea. But then again, you don't really know her right?

• Exactly I'm not sure how she handles relationships. she claims she takes relationships seriously on her Instagram (not stalking I was told she posted something that could be referring to me so I checked) but my bruhs in a frat and he says she's been to 4 different events with 4 different brothers and she's only a Sophomore. And I personally know of two other guys she dated. And that just doesn't look like a trust worthy track record. Grant it none of the frat guys got anywhere with her.

• You say she's gorgeous but what's she like? Is she fun to talk to and hang out with? Because if all she is to you is a hot piece of ass, I doubt dating her will end well. That's cool if that's what you're looking for, but if you want happiness and stability in your life you need someone you have more than just a physical attraction too.

• This is exactly how I feel. The whole reason I've been reluctant to date her is because I do want stability in a relationship and I'm not sure if I can find it there. Which is why I've been staying away but I'm starting to feel like I'm avoiding something that might not even be a real issue.

What Guys Said 3

• Gotta' say. I disagree strongly with "I don't actually believe these exist I just think guys that end up not getting her make up these labels to avoid damaging their own ego". I've seen girls lead guys on because they were paying attention to her and had zero intentions of dating him. If you don't want guys constantly greasing on your girlfriend, don't date this girl. On the other hand, she could end up surprising you.

• I mean I've seen girls do it before too I just feel like maybe the attention whoring isn't as spitefully driven as most guys my age would make it seem to be. But I don't think she's doing this. She's been trying for so long that it would seem like overkill just for an ego boost. And I've caught her a couple times just staring and not in the average I'm cute and trying to flirt kinda staring but like the shy girl that's looking so hard she gets shocked when she realizes that you can see her kind.

• Of course, you should give her a chance. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. And she isn't your ex, so get to know her and decide if you want to date her based on the way she treats you, not the way your ex did. Have a little confidence man. If she seems interested, you must have something going for you.

• You're right but the problem isn't really confidence. Right now I'm fine being single and I honestly have a lot of stuff on my plate to deal with and last time I got involved in a bad relationship it really f***ed with my time and my mind and I felt miserable and exhausted so I'm really cautious about entering into a new relationship just because she's been trying so hard to get my attention and she's cute those just feel like shallow reasons to me so I figured I should ask on here for opinions.

• I read somewhere that 90 plus percent of women cheat. The more guys that hot on her the chances of her cheating goes from most likely to Amos's an absolute fact. I'd say just let her live her life and continue ignoring her.

• Yeah 90 plus percent of women cheating sounds completely bogus. So I don't think this statement sounds credible at all.

• Dude what the hell are you talking about. Are you trolling me? Is that what this is?

• No I'm not. I have your my answer and you seem to have an issue with it.