When does a guy become too tall to date?

I know a lot of girls will say the taller the better, but I feel like (just guessing) that about 60-70% of girls will think that anything over 6'8 is too tall because the average female height is like 5'2.

Being 6'11, I've noticed that a lot of girls just discount me right off the bat. I know it could be something else in my personality, but I've been told my face is like 7-8/10 and I'm alright at talking to girls.

Most of the time I notice that guys around 6'2 6'3 have the most girls interested in them--it's kind of like a bell curve in that sense where there is an ideal height, but being too short or too tall hurts your dating chances.

I have a substantial amount of anecdotal evidence that says this is true, but I'm looking for other opinions.

And yes I know there are tall girls, but dating is just a numbers game, so if my chances are hurt by 60-70%, that might explain why I've had such bad luck with women.

What do you think?

0|0
5|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Six eleven is way too tall for the average height of girls if you're going to pursue them?

5'8 to 5'11 is the ideal height for your match.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Around 6'5+ is too tall. Granted, if I liked him I wouldn't hold it against him, but it's not ideal.

It could be anything like your height, weight, posture, body language or approach.

0|0
    0|0
    • Absolutely, it's actually probably a combination of varying degrees.

• Well, I'd probably assume that you wouldn't be interested in me. Most tall guys I've known go for tall girls. I'm 5'4".

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'4 and personally I've never thought about height as an issue. But I would say your height would be my limit. So around 7 ft tall and up would be way to much for me since I'm kinda on the short side.

0|0
    0|0
  • You aren't too tall for me, the taller the better.

0|0
    0|0
    • how about 12'10? Would that be too tall for you? if you had to put a limit where would it be?

• How is that even relevant? You are 6'11 and will not grow to be near 12'10.

• No sh*t. Thanks for that genius observation. And it's relevant because I'm also curious about THE AVERAGE height limit. You know the thing that requires multiple data points. I said I was guessing about the percentage

What Guys Said 2

• Don't worry, there are plenty of girls that are like 6'2" who would love a guy that is almost 7' tall.

0|0
    0|0
    • not really. only 5% of the female population is above 5'9. above 6 feet is about 2%

• 2% is still a lot. That is almost 70million girls. Trust me, if the 6'9" guy in my school can find a girlfriend, you can too.

• All the guys in the pro basketball leagues get females just fine.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well basketball millions are attractive, in addition to athleticism, so I'd say that makes up for anything physical. Too bad I suck at basketball