When does a guy become too tall to date?

I know a lot of girls will say the taller the better, but I feel like (just guessing) that about 60-70% of girls will think that anything over 6'8 is too tall because the average female height is like 5'2.

Being 6'11, I've noticed that a lot of girls just discount me right off the bat. I know it could be something else in my personality, but I've been told my face is like 7-8/10 and I'm alright at talking to girls.

Most of the time I notice that guys around 6'2 6'3 have the most girls interested in them--it's kind of like a bell curve in that sense where there is an ideal height, but being too short or too tall hurts your dating chances.

I have a substantial amount of anecdotal evidence that says this is true, but I'm looking for other opinions.

And yes I know there are tall girls, but dating is just a numbers game, so if my chances are hurt by 60-70%, that might explain why I've had such bad luck with women.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Six eleven is way too tall for the average height of girls if you're going to pursue them?

5'8 to 5'11 is the ideal height for your match.

What Girls Said 4

• Around 6'5+ is too tall. Granted, if I liked him I wouldn't hold it against him, but it's not ideal.

It could be anything like your height, weight, posture, body language or approach.

• Absolutely, it's actually probably a combination of varying degrees.

• Well, I'd probably assume that you wouldn't be interested in me. Most tall guys I've known go for tall girls. I'm 5'4".

• I'm 5'4 and personally I've never thought about height as an issue. But I would say your height would be my limit. So around 7 ft tall and up would be way to much for me since I'm kinda on the short side.

• You aren't too tall for me, the taller the better.

• how about 12'10? Would that be too tall for you? if you had to put a limit where would it be?

• How is that even relevant? You are 6'11 and will not grow to be near 12'10.

• No sh*t. Thanks for that genius observation. And it's relevant because I'm also curious about THE AVERAGE height limit. You know the thing that requires multiple data points. I said I was guessing about the percentage

What Guys Said 2

• Don't worry, there are plenty of girls that are like 6'2" who would love a guy that is almost 7' tall.

• not really. only 5% of the female population is above 5'9. above 6 feet is about 2%

• 2% is still a lot. That is almost 70million girls. Trust me, if the 6'9" guy in my school can find a girlfriend, you can too.

• All the guys in the pro basketball leagues get females just fine.

• Well basketball millions are attractive, in addition to athleticism, so I'd say that makes up for anything physical. Too bad I suck at basketball