Would you go out with someone who cancelled your first date?

I was supposed to go on this date with a guy met online last night. Well he cancelled the morning before sying he totally forgot about our plans and he's doing something with a friend but he wants to reshedule

well I'm not sure if I want to reshedule. I've never met him before and I'm not hurt that he stood me up, just a bit annoyed, because I turned down plans with my friends for him. And generally, I'm not really digging unreliability

Most Helpful Guy

• If she cancelled on me, I'd only reschedule if she attempted to come up with a new day/time. I don't try for first dates twice, and I don't believe any excuses I hear because there's always some "emergency" that happens right before a first date.

I don't like his excuse. Is he always going to put his friends first?

• I thinks it's a little overdramatic to ask if it's always gonna be this way at this point, but I was thinking the sme thing.

By the end of the day, he could have cancelled on me or his friend and well...

If he said there were personal issue, I would have gotten it. I mean things like that happen, his mom could have been in hospital or something. I suppose he was honest, but ya I don't like his excuse either and also not the way he phrased it

What Guys Said 4

• You should give him another shot. Generally, if a person cancels but immediately offers to reschedule, they had a legit reason for canceling and actually do want to get together. It just didn't work out this time.

• well I don't think that forgetting about and having made plans with a friend instead are that legit

• I've been talking with a woman before and enjoying her company so much and wanting to see her so much, that things have slipped my mind. But, who knows?, maybe he lost his nerve. Either way, he is interested. Otherwise, he wouldn't have offered to reschedule.

• Give him another chance. Just one, not more not less

• I'm split...

Frankly, something like this would piss me off royally - so I would say to you to forget him. But on the other hand, I like to believe EVERYBODY deserves at least one chance... if he suggested a rescheduling - give him one more chance... but if he cancels again or shows up to the date even 5 minutes late - CANCEL his ass.

• I made the same mistake recently, for a second date. I'll live by the "stood up --> ignore and delete" rule from now on.

• what happened?

• oh no, really?

He just seems like such a good match on paper, it's hard to say no

• It was the same for me. Exactly what I seemed to be looking for. Anyway, you can accept to reschedule, but don't make the same mistake. Ask for confirmation before leaving your house.

What Girls Said 3

• Although I generally do want to give the benefit of the doubt, it's not a good sign when they stand you up for the first date.

• Depends on why he did. Family emergency, sickness, ectt yes.

• I wouldnt, not giving his excuse. He cancelled on you because he wanted to hang out with his friends instead. Now if it was a real emergency then yes of course. But in this instance I would say no.