Do guys like texting as much as girls?

I'm starting to think that they really don't like to text all that much hhahaha.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am shy in public and texting helps me talk with girls when I might be awkward in person. So, yes. But I am going to have to overcome my shyness and get out more.

What Guys Said 11

• I can't stand texting. It may be generational but it represents the most diluted form of communication short of tweeting. Almost any other form is more personal and better for communicating. I feel like it's a substitute that people use to feel like they've connected without actually ensuring they have. Since guys are generally not as good at communicating as girls, pushing them into texting is a big mistake if you actually want to communicate.

• No, we don't. Guys use phones as tools to arrange a meeting and typically use texting, snapchat, etc. to flirt with girls.

• I'll text to pass an information or ask a question when it's cheaper than calling. It doesn't replace speaking.

• I have never texted before. I have an older phone and I had texting disabled a while back on it. I am bad at talking compared to writing my thoughts out but I prefer to hear the other person.

• I don't text my guy friends or brothers. Every one in a while they will leave me a text if they couldn't reach me by phone if they think I need to know something in particular. I only text girls, because girls text me.

• Personally I like texting, but I don't do it as much as some of my female friends

• Yeah, I hate texting. I prefer talking to people in person.

• I don't mind texting a few times throughout the day, but I don't see the need to spend my whole life typing things with my thumbs.

• Meh sometimes. I like doing it on my own time. I don't like to be expected to respond immediately or anything. Sometimes I just have nothing to say or any worthwhile response.

• I prefer phone calls because you don't hear the emotion in their voice and the timing and delivery of your sense of humor doesn't exist in texts which means you have to type things like "ha ha jk" all the time so they don't misinterpret teasing / kidding for being mean.

I hate texting.

• I don't like too much texting. I have a friend who is a girl and she over does it a lot

What Girls Said 1

• Some more than others