Should a guy always text first?

I recently met a guy at a bar, we talked a lot and he seemed to be into me and I enjoyed talking to him. afterward, we went to a club and danced a bit. In the end we exchanged numbers, and before we parted he said that I should give him a call when I was around his neighborhood or if I would like show him mine.

He didn't text me the next day, but I feel like I want to talk to him again.

Should I text him first, or just wait and see if he texts me.

Most Helpful Girl

• it would be nicest if he texted you first, but you can try once. I do think he will contact you if he like syou though

• That's what I always think. All the guys that I further talked to after meeting at a bar contacted me first lol.

What Guys Said 3

• I absolutely despise women who think a guy is always supposed to start a conversation. This isn't the past times, this is 2013. Women have a role in society now.

• just fcking text him. what is he gonna do kill you if you text him first? and if he doesn't like you... what's the worst that can happen, he won't respond?

• You should absolutely text him - or even call.

There is no stigma in that; us guys do not think less of girls that do.

Let me repeat that: Us guys do not think less of girls that contact us first.

Us shy guys especially love that

What Girls Said 2

• It does not hurt to text first. He did tell you to call him, so he might be expecting it.

• There's no rule. Just text him.