Guys: do you ever text a girl you met at bar?

Friday night I was at a bar with some friends and a guy approached me. We talked for a few minutes and he asked for my number so I put it in his phone. But it's now Sunday and he hasn't texted me. Will he or was it just kind of like a flake thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course guys text girls they meet in bars,

But you have to understand that many approaches that guys make (whether in a bar or some other place) are practice approaches. In a practice approach, it doesn't necessarily mean that the guy has no interest in you, but the primary purpose of the approach is to practise his flirting skills. Unfortunately, most guys aren't naturally charming; so they have to practise. I'm not necessarily saying this was a practice approach; I just don't know. I know many girls claim that guys who approach in bars aren't looking for anything serious. If that's what you're implying, that's just not true. Many guys simply don't have the confidence to approach unless it's in a bar, partly because it's more socially acceptable to approach in that environment, and partly because alcohol reduces nerves.

What Guys Said 4

• He'll probably just text/call you when he wants to hook up.

• You met a guy at the bar so I'd say he's probably going to text you when he wants a booty call. He probably got 10 numbers that night because most guys don't have what it takes to approach girls in bars, but the ones that do will go to extremes.

• I would. I have no insight into his brain, however.

• Some guys go by a 2-3 day "rule": Never text a girl until at least 2-3 days later so you don't seem desperate.

Other possibilities: Maybe he wanted to get your number so he felt some success that evening, maybe he was buzzed and forgot, maybe he was busy all weekend, maybe he lost interest.

What Girls Said 2

• I know some guys aren't actually interested in the girls they get the numbers of. They just want to know that they've succeeded in 'getting' a girl, even if its just her number. It indicates to them that she is interested and that's enough for him.

• A MINUTE percentage of guys... ;)

Most guys won't ask if he has no intention of going out with her.

• Hmm a few of my guy friends think that way though. But perhaps that situation applies more to clubs than bars. I know some of my guy friends rack up numbers of girls in one night.

• Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. You can't really tell until it happens, so just wait and see.