I'm thinking of dropping out of school to work at a restaurant full time

But I'm worried that guys won't date me if I'm poor. Answer honestly here. Would you date a working class girl if she was petite, fit and had a good personality?

Most Helpful Guy

• Being a waiter is a hard life. Not that guys will totally blow you off for your job, but try to think more then 2 steps ahead. Down the road when your looks start to go, your tips will go down. The older you get, the more it sucks to work late nights on your feet carrying heavy platters and listening to bitchy customers. Do you really want to kiss ass for money all of your life? Do you really want to be a party girl that goes out after work with her nights cash and drinks half of it away, comes home and crashes at like 4 AM, and then wakes up at one because she's got to get ready for a another long night of work. Being a waiter is such an unstable life. When you're young it isn't horrible cash, but it's not great either. The life style isn't exact;y attractive to have in a potential partner.

What Guys Said 4

• Your an adult, if you are no longer interestead in college than do what makes you happy. And a persons job never has been important to me. I never seen the big deal that someone has to have a big fancy career to be attractive. The only important thing is you can get a job and have your own source of income and not be totally self relient on someone else for finncial support.

• Yeah I would. I'd try and encourage her to find something she enjoys doing that she can make a living off as well. You don't need a college degree to have a decent job but yes it can help obviously.

• As long as she isn't a moocher, the rest sounds fine to me!

• What type of restaurant position? If you're in school and apparently not even working full-time, you're probably "poor" anyway. Just bite the bullet and continue being poor until school is over, then you can get a way better job than some restaurant position because you got a degree.

You don't want to be the 30 year old female bartender/waitress, because at that point in your life it won't matter how petite/fit/personable you are, any straight-sailing guy will want to avoid you for anything serious.

What Girls Said 3

• He should appreciate you have a job or a student or both. As long as you're fine with what you're doing and doing it with integrity. Make your money girl but the restaurant line of work is kind of b.s.

• Most place if you drop out of school will most likely fire you, It hasn't happened to me but it has happened to someone I know. I personally would date a guy like that as long as es got a good personality and all I wouldn't hesitate!

• Do what makes you happy. Don't be afraid to drop out if you're not happy being in college.