Guys are your birthdays important to you?

Long story short...I've been seeing this guy we haven't made anything serious. We are cool and was having sex at one point occasionally but nothing for the past two months. Anyways... His birthday was last week which I wasn't aware...ironically we had a disagreement the day before his birthday and I told him I wasn't talking to him anymore. Well I ended up texting him this weekend and he replied with you can text me now but you couldn't text me this week for my birthday. Do you think he was actually bothered by this?

Most Helpful Guy

• A simple happy birthday text would have sufficed and because you'd be coming from a "I'm putting my anger on the back-burner and I'm doing this because I care" sort of stance, you'd likely be in a better place then the current. Might have even led to beginning of a resolution.

At the very least it couldn't be used against you later and it's a display of affection and effort which is always nice in a relationship. Admittedly I'm pretty bad at that but we're all a work in progress.

• I didn't know it was his birthday. Had I known I would have texted him.

• Oddly enough I read your question at least twice. I half blame the speed reading and half blame the fact people see what they want to see.

• Haha you have a point there

What Guys Said 3

• I've already told you that he was, and that, after acting like a child, you needed to apologize for not only missing his birthday, but throwing a tantrum. Thank you for confirming that, even though you didn't like it, I was right. If you are actually (25-29), then this behavior is incredible. If it was about only sex before, you're well on your way to making it only about sex now.

• Hahaha you didn't have to put me on blast

• I'm glad to hear it. I feel as if I've sort of got to know you through all of this, so don't hesitate to message me if you ever want my advice. In fact, add me as a friend if you haven't already or, if you have, send me a message so I'll know which friend you are. Anyway, good luck to you :).

• I just messaged you. I think I added you but I'm not certain with the new update

• noone cares about me so I don't see why I should care

• no it's just another day. today is my b-day coincidentally.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes of course it bothered him! What IFAD forgot your birthday instead?

• It's not that I forgot he just never told me when it was. And I've asked him before and he acted like it was a secret so I never knew until he told me the other day

• Exactly! So was this just his way to of getting rid of me? I don't get it. I have nothing to be apologetic about because he never told me

• Sounds like a player.