Would you date a short guy, even if he was still taller than you?

So I'm well aware that a guy being short is a total killer for most women. I've had my fair share of women explicitly say to me that they would date me if I was taller.

I'm 5'4 which means that most women are pretty much right at my height or a few inches taller. To a degree I can understand and respect a women not wanting to date a man who is much shorter than her.

However, if you are a short girl, would you still date a shorter guy, as long as he's taller than you? Like for example you are only 5'2 or something? Or does the fact that he is short relative to other men make him much less attractive?

• He has to be tall period.
  • As long as he's my height or taller.
  • Height is pretty much a non factor for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls bring up a lot how they dislike men for not being attracted to fat girls and discriminating against them, yet I have found girls are just as bad if not worse about dating a short guy or being attracted to one. I am 6ft2 so it isn't an issue for me, but I have seen so many short girls make fun of short guys or just not view them as manly or cute soley because of that countless times.

• I have no sympathy for fat girls because they can change their weight. I cannot change my height, aside from $100,000 surgery and being confined to a wheel chair for a year or more. I'd take being fat over short any day of the week, because I can always change. Women just don't seem to understand or sympathize with that fact.

What Girls Said 9

• Would you date a short guy, even if he was still taller than you?

A. He has to be tall period.

No I would not date a short guy even if he was still taller than me however your options don't suit me since height is not a non factor for me and I would not date a guy my height I prefer average height (5'10'') and above.

• FYI 5'10 is above average.

• 5'9'' is not from the link I provided. In fact it's 5' 9 one 2'' mentioned once and if you had read the data source for that statistic you'd see it's a bit skewed and unreliable to use as it's including the much older generation and it's known that as you get older you may lose height due to the normal aging process, disease and gravity.

• *edit

5'9'' is not from the link I provided. In fact it's 5'9.5'' mentioned once and if you had read the data source for that statistic you'd see it's a bit skewed and unreliable to use as it's including the much older generation and it's known that as you get older you may lose height due to the normal aging process, disease and gravity.

• I am by no means a short girl (6'1" here), but if I was significantly shorter I would want somebody who would be close to my height, like a couple of inches taller. My problem was that guys I used to want to date were always shorter than me, but they wouldn't come near me because I was too tall for them.

There is a huge height discrepancy between my parents - mom is 5'4" and dad is 6'7". Honestly, it's still weird to me.

• Yeah that's a massive difference.

• I'm 5'4. I prefer guys to be at least 5'7, but ideally around 5'9 or 5'10. Anything more than that is a bit too tall but I don't really care that much. I don't believe that's unreasonable.

I know plenty of girls who are like 5'0 or 5'1 who won't date a guy unless he's at least 6 feet tall. I think that's a pretty insane thing to expect, but to each her own.

• Personally I don't even see how a girl would want to date a guy who is more than a few inches taller. I've seen couples where there is like a full foot difference in heights and it just looks weird. Even simply things like kissing seem awkward. It's like watching a giant with a midget. I think it looks more weird than a girl being with a guy who is a few inches shorter.

• I agree. I had a boyfriend who was 6'2 about a year and a half ago and it was always so awkward.

• i said B, my guy is a little taller than me and he's still sexy:P

• I'm a little under 5'2" and I prefer guys to be at least 5'6". However I don't like guys that are too tall.

• What about if the guy was only 5'4-5'5 or something like that. Would you make an exception if he was a good guy and attractice? Or would you just right him entirely?

• If he was 5'5", good looking, and had a great personality then yeah I'd date him.

• I'm 4'10 so no idc if he's 5'4 as long as he's good looking and has a nice personality

• Well the average man's height is 5'9 and I also happen to be 5'9 so a guy my height or taller would be considered either average or tall. I would probably date a guy that was between 5'8-6'7. You should probably go for girls that are 5'3 and under.

• That's pretty much what I try to do. It just limits my dating pool greatly. Even with women, the vast majority are still taller than me. It especially sucks when I meet a girl that I know is an amazing women and is a great match for me, but she won't give me the time of day cause of my height. I feel like I'm at the mercy of what the girls want and not what I want.

• Yea that sucks. I kinda understand your situation though because it seems like I'm always taller than the guy which is kinda awkward.

• In the words of my friend, "Any man over 5'6 is a waste of man."

I don't necessarily agree with that, but she's 5'1 and she believes that. She literally won't give a guy a chance if he's 5'7 or taller.

So there are girls out there who prefer short guys.

What Guys Said 3

• Could you try to look for someone shorter than you? Or maybe the same height so they can't judge whether or not they are taller?

• That's what I'm asking.

• Yeah, I did have a friend in High School who was shorter than many of the girls, but he didn't give a sh*t, he got out there and won ladies over with his hilarious personality. I think that guy is happily married to a gal a couple inches taller than him and neither of them seems to care. See? There's hope, don't give up- keep trying!

• I understand. I've had GF's so I know its not impossible. The discouraging part is that I sometimes feel that even my good personality and looks are enough to overcome my height. I've had quite a few women say to me that I'm an amazing guy and that they would love to date me if I was taller. Basically they're saying that even having a great personality wasn't enough to overcome my height. It's even stranger that these women I considered to be relatively smart and mature women.

• Women are shallow my brother. If you are shorter, they will hold it against you.

• Oh shallowness