Do you consider people's zodiac signs in dating/relationships?

Are you likely to think... well he's a Scorpio, so I should be expecting X kind of behavior from him. Or, she's a Cancer, she'll be compatible with me.

Personally, it doesn't make sense to me that the movement of the sun, moon, or planets has anything to do with someone's personality or future actions, so I don't consider these signs in dating or any of my other relationships (family/friends/work/etc.). It just doesn't enter my head. Most of the time I'm unaware of which signs people have or which meanings are attached to them. It's sometimes a fun kind of thing to look at with friends, but I don't take it seriously.

If you do, could you explain why?

• Yes
  • No
  • It depends...
  • Other/see answers

Most Helpful Guy

• Not directly, it's not like I ask what their sign is, and then go look it up, but a number of Gemini women have totally mixed up my world... They're very attractive and alluring at first, but it's a f***ing trap. lol I swear those girls are poisonous. Stay away! lol When it comes to Aries girls, I've never been able to stand one long enough to get close to one. They just repulse in every sense of the word from my experience. As a Scorpio man those are suppose to be my worst matches, and I wouldn't really argue with that after what I've been through. On the other end of the spectrum Pisces girls always seem to understand me the best and can always set me right, no matter how bad things get. They almost always just get me naturally. There's no need to even try, things just fall into place and flow. It's nice. They are suppose to be the best match for a Scorpio man. So while I'm a skeptic of all the horoscope crap, it seems to pattern well with my experience. An extraordinary streak of coincidence? Maybe...

• It's purely coincidence. xDDD

It's like me saying, I'm a dinosaur.

• They never apologize. They do really nasty things and think it has no significance. They really don't care about the consequences of their actions. They are totally unreliable and unstable. They're reckless, toxic, emotional vampires. They are great for a one night stand but run run away if you are smart. lol

Pisces = Starts out very slow and friendly, but strong bonds are formed pretty quickly. The deeper you go the closer you get. They are very loyal and very intimate. They are great lovers

• they care so much, they are so devoted and good to you. They very romantic, smart, intuitive. You can talk without speaking. =)

Scorpios = They are usualy a lot like me, but there can be only one. =P

The rest = Sometimes there is interest, but it always seems to fizzle out for some reason.

What Guys Said 11

• Nope, it's all a big money making scheme based on giving people compliments or at times very sugarcoated criticism. Things that are general to everyone, you read your horoscope and think yeah that could be me, read all the horoscopes and you will think most of them apply to you... I think it's stupid to rule someone out because they're not a compatible 'sign', it's the same for those companies that you text for love matching and it'll reply saying how good a couple you are... It's just randomised junk. Why people spend their money on it I'll never understand. Oh and I love how the poll so far is 100% for No.

• I agree that it doesn't make sense but I chose A

> because it's a start when shopping for a friend or relationship

> because I finally found a reference source better than Sun Signs, et al. = link

Most books/guides DUH divide the solar signs into 12 and even skip the cusps (like me); these are out to sell books/services to the naive. That said, I don't want to be overdosed with a complete report that also involves moon, rising sun,et al. - how in the world could you cull party members with all that?

I like the way this reference divides "signs" into 2 week periods = seems to produce even MORE eerie results (even if only party games with friends you know), nail on the head sort of "predictions" or better - how marriages/relationships that you've known for years actually work.

So when shopping after being dumped, I began with qualities & attributes I admired in others, found out their sign and began my quest. This book was not yet published but it has backed up my primitive solar-only successful shopping genesis over the years.

Many waste valuable time with relationships not meant to gel, then get frustrated they can't make them work, no matter what. They just selected a path/partner best suited for others. Been there, done that = the weaker of the two will finally take out their machete and end it at the worst possible time. How many couples out there are truly happy? I think they are just trying to make something work that they found easiest to start and are frustrated. Life & relationships are difficult enough AS IS, so give yourself EVERY crutch available to get on the right path/partner from the get-go.

• No, but I have used it as material for conversation. Many girls have an interest in that sort of thing or at least some basic knowledge concerning it.

Give a guy a newspaper and what does he do? He turns to the sports page.

Give a girl a newspaper and what does she do? She turns to page containing the horoscopes.

So as a guy, whether or not I believe in the accuracy behind it, I'm still interested.

• No, cause that's f***ing stupid.

• I don't think many people take these things seriously. I assume when people ask, they are just subtly looking for ways to flirt.

I always respond the same way. I say I"m an Aquarius, and I'm compatible with whatever they are!

• Not at all. I would rather see for myself if someone is compatible or not instead of relying on pseudoscience. I think relying on things like that is incredibly short sighted in a way because it could make us completely overlook someone that we perhaps would be compatible with or consider someone who completely isn't simply due to the time they were born. I think it's crazy.

• Nope, not at all. Astrology is a bunch of silliness. LOL

• No. I don't believe in that shhh

• Nah

• No, I don't even date people who do.

• no but weirdly enough, one time I was on my homepage and there was an astrology article. I checked out me and my ex's zodiac relationship and it was spot on.. pretty trippy because it described exactly how the dynamic of our relationship was haha.

i still think it's all just made up though.

• I think it looks that way from generalizing really broad topics.

• agreed, but it was just amazing how it was right on the money. like I said, I still think the concept is ridiculous. just noting that it was interesting to read for amusement.

• It's called Forer effect link

It was spot on in your case... and plenty of other people's cases (people belonging to different zodiac signs).

What Girls Said 11

• nope. And tbh, if a guy as much as mentions his zodiac or asks what mine is, I'd question his rational thinking and problem solving abilities. I'd probably ask, "Do you believe in astrology?" If he says no, then we're good, if he says anything but a simple no, then it's a turn off for me.

I know some people claim how the description of their zodiac really fits them, how they really are what their zodiacs say about them, bla bla bla... I think it's all just placebo. Those who want to believe will see it as true.

• sometimes I read those zodiac perfect match things ha ha but I don't actually pay attention to them when dating at all. I did when I was like 14 but not anymore lol

• I don't consider that at all.

The horoscopes can be fun to look at occasionally though.

• I voted No.

However, that being said, I have noticed that I tend to be more attracted to Scorpios than any other sign. Probably just a coincidence. :)

• the only sign I won't date is a big warning sign,horoscopes don't matter much

• I don't care about zodiac signs. Thinking about astrological signs before dating someone or in the beginning of a friendship doesn't make sense to me.

I just don't believe in horoscopes because everyone is different.

• No. it's illogical.

• Nah I don't waste my time caring about that.

• No, astrology is bogus.

• I do it, but only for the fun part. I don't see it as a bible or anything :-)

• not at all I think in relationship love matters not any signs