Your opinion on online dating!

Your opinion on online dating!

What's your opinion on online dating? Do you think it's possible to meet someone on the internet, liking them, meet up somewhere, and actually becoming a couple?

I do believe in it, but it takes a lot of patience, and trust (speaking from experience).It's not that easy in my opinion. But if both of them have the same feelings and they want it bad enough, then I think it can work out.

Most Helpful Guy

• Last wedding I went to originated from okcupid and I know a girl who got married to a guy from match.com. I have also been on plenty of dates from online dating. Right now I only really keep the profile up but have not been really active on it.

My opinion is that the girls are either totally messed up or they are way too picky. I'd like something in between honestly. Girls I know tell me they get like 50 messages a day while guys complain that the girls don't reply. Personally, I'd rather no reply if she's not interested than an "I'm not interested" message. I also would not expect a girl to sit at her computer/phone for hours replying to guys she is not interested in.

I've had mixed experiences with the girls I've met. Honestly, the older women tend to be more mature while younger women I've met are way too scared and shouldn't even be meeting anyone if they are so scared.

A lot of profiles I have read are girls who are in no position to date with an ultra complicated manner that makes me wonder why they even made a profile. Other girls only use the site for attention and have no intention of meeting anyone(thus my 5 message limit per girl).

What Guys Said 3

• My opinion, based on a lot of conversations with friends who've done a lot of it, is that you would be better off just putting pictures up on the wall and throwing darts at them. The odds of the dart hitting a 'good' guy are at least as good as your odds at online dating.

Sure there are success stories, but the darts would work too. Occasionally the dart would hit the 'right' guy.

Meeting guys in real time saves time! Plus, there are so many false profiles, as I'm sure you have discovered if you've done any online dating.

You avoid those disappointments by getting to know guys in real life situations; joining clubs for people with your interests, for example, going out in groups to see how people behave outside the ritualized dating situations, whether online or not.

• my uncle met his wife on match.com and they are like two peas in a pod. He was single for so long and so picky about women I'm amazed he met her.

• My opinion. Online dating is good as long as you're actually talking to men/women in real life too.

Online dating is a supplement just like a vitamin. They're good to take but they don't at all replace a healthy diet.

What Girls Said 3

• Online dating is no different than "in person" dating. You go through a lot of rocks in the hopes of finding a gem.

I know so many people who disparage online dating without acknowledging that it is nothing more than another way to find the right person for you. In fact, you have the chance to meet people whom you otherwise may never have met.

Common sense prevails in both situations.

• I think online dating is a waste of time unless your just looking fir a hook up,thats what most men only look for on those sites yea their is some successfully stories but 9 times out of ten all women and men are looking for is just the one thing,

• I definitely believe in online dating, as I have known some successful couples who are now married.

However it is very, very hard and you have to have a lot of restraint. You need to be able to put a lot of effort into it.