Black vs White Girls

So I'm a white dude who grew up in a pretty white area with not a lot of minorities. I've only dated white chicks, well one half Asian too.

Then I go to grad school and I meet this amazing gal. she's black, and she is beautiful, smart, and fun. We have been friends for a bit, but have definitely been "talking." I asked her out on an official date this weekend and she agreed, and I just was a bit curious about maybe anything I need to keep in mind as regards to me not having spent too much time with the darker Americans here.

My current game plan is to treat her like I've treated every other gal I've dated, and just completely ignore her race. Is that acceptable? Also, this question isn't racist in my head, but it probably is haha. I'm just trying to not screw up over here!

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because she's black doesn't mean you have to try to fit in with what you think a black girl looks in a guy or whatever your trying to Do. She's not any different just because she's black its what you see is what you get. She is the way she is now and there no difference. Your defiantly over thinking this. If you treat her differently just because the color of her skin it will not go well. I'm mixed and guys try to impress me by telling me they dated black girls before or something like that and its so dumb like oh? Cool you think you know me because you dated other black girls? Doesnt work that way. We are all individual's and even though black people have stereotypes so do white people and not all people fall under thoses categories

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, she's a normal person just like the rest of the girls you have dated but a different skin tone.

So why should she be treated any differently?

If you like her, focus on the person and not her race.

:) Not a problem unless you make it one.

• I didn't realize black people were of a different species...

Why the f*** would you treat her any differently? My goodness

• Why would you treat her differently?

She's also a girl, she just have a different skin color than the other girls you dated.

• Being a black girl my advice to you would be to not treat her differently. I dated a guy who would try to "accommodate" me by doing al the stereotypes thing than claiming he "knew" I'd appreciate because he had dated other black girls. It did NOT end well.

She agreed on going on a date with you, she likes you, don't over think it.

• Your game plan is to treat her like a normal person? By George, I think you've got it.

If you guys connect, then you connect.

What Guys Said 2

• I wish more people would think this way. I wish the best for you

• Sure, got about it like normal. I don't think she'd want you to act like something you're not. That'd probably feel patronizing for her.