Do people normally set up a 2nd date from the first one?

I mean while you are on the date, do people normally ask them out again from it? or do most people wait until later?

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually, the guy will call/text about the second date.

But I have had times where I had so much in common with a guy and I'd say something like "I wanna go snowboarding" and he's like "I'm going Sunday, you should so come" and then it goes from there. Nothing wrong with it imo.

What Girls Said 8

• either or, dosnt matter

• yeah I think its totally normal and a follow up text would be good idea!

• if I wanted to see them again, I would probably, make some sort of remark about seeing each other again, but no, I wouldn't actually set up a second date while still on the first one, seems a bit desperate to me!

• In experiences I've had, the 2nd date was set up through a follow up text.

• If they are crazy about each other and have great chemistry,then why not?

• I wait until later.

• It never happened that way for me. We always just said that we'd call/text each other... and after a day or two, THEN we set up a second date.

• I don't normally set up a 2nd date at the end of the first one though I may hint or drop some hints that I'd like to see him again.

What Guys Said 7

• You may end saying you want to see each other again, or you can say 'I had a good time' and then go think about it.

If people are actively in the singles market, I'd guess less then half of first dates lead to a second date, so its a little presumptuous to work out the details from it.

Just say you had a good time and will be in touch. Text later to mention you had a good time. Then ask her out again for a week or so later.

• Wait till after it is over and contract her the next day and tell her you had fun and would like to spend time with her again.

• I think it's okay to say something like "We should do this or that" but let the other person wonder how the date went. Chill for a little and then call them for another date.

• I never set up the second date on the first not my style and also I find it a bit clingy

If it goes well she will usually text you a day later, or even a couple days that's

when I make my move when the convo is good and throw in the question and

then talk for a bit then say bye

• Usually after.

• You wait until later unless you're damn certain you will get a second date.

Trying to arrange a second date during the first one, means the other person may be put in the awkward position of not saying yes, and trying not to offend you. It will make the rest of the first date very awkward.

My advice would be always give some time between the first date and asking her out again. It gives her time to really work out how she felt about the first date.

• I don't. Normally it is a "I had a good time. Yeah me too. I will call you later." Then during the call we set up a second date. Asking for a second date on the first can be more awkward if they want to turn you down, since they have to do it in person.