Why didn't he reply?

I like this guy, and we've been too shy to talk to each other. He stares at me all the time, and I know he liked me if he doesn't now. I sent him a message on Friday afternoon on facebook saying "hey! what's up?" and he got online afterwards...and didn't reply.

So...why wouldn't he reply? I'm really confused. Is it because maybe he actually doesn't like me? Ridiculously too shy? I'm sooo confused. Any help on this would be great. <3

Most Helpful Girl

• when it comes to indirect contact (online, phone, text) vs. direct (in person), the indirect one always involves more mind games, challenges, twists, misunderstandings/interpretations, etc...so you have to be patient and wait it out! I agree with the people below...a lot of people are either bored of fb and overdone it so they ignore inbox, especially with a lot of group emails, events, and spam...they check it once in a blue moon, and a lot of people have also disabled email notifcations because it got out of hand...and annoying...

ive been in your shoes did the same thing you did! no joke...and I was miserable for a few weeks too wondering why he's avoiding me, or didn't reply, but turns out he did after some weeks...he got busy and was extremely nice and friendly about it apologized for late reply too...

just wait it out...ive heard guys are not only shy, but after reading fb messages, wall posts, txts, they want to think it through of a good reply to impress you, make the conversation going, and make you smile, possibly even flirt here and there...they can't reply right away like we girls can being impatient, they don't wanna turn you off so they think of a good response so that we like them more...

also he could be just testing his limits, and seeing if you get mad lol!

MEN! can't live with them can't live without them...they probably think the same about us!

What Guys Said 2

• Could be that he's freaking out, shyness can do that to people. Maybe he didn't see the message, maybe he'll reply later. Maybe you did something to upset him? maybe he's playing hard to get and he wants to know if you really like him? (not likely) he's the one that's supposed to be chasing you. Just wait and see what happens. If he doesn't make a move, move on

• Likely-hood is that he is ridiculously shy and din't want to say something stupid and probably asked his friends what to do, lol

What Girls Said 2

• he might of been busy, and never saw it yet. sometimes, my guy just doesn't check his mail or he just goes online for a couple minutes then signs back off. I wouldn't assume he doesn't like you. (: I've been there wayyyy too many times. just wait it out! wish you the best!

• some people aren't aware of the inbox on the top of the screen, especially if they're new to facebook. I'd say to wait a little while and try to get him on facebook chat. :)