Was I wrong for breaking up with him?

We been together for a year and his ex still call and text him. He told me she was just a smash to him. He told me he been trying to get rid of her for over 4 years now. I later found out they dated for 5 years. He seen her more than one time. They always argue and whem she talk to somebody else he gets mad. when I'm around he hands me the phone. I can't ask her anything. He protects her from drama. I talked to him about this and he said he gone get rid of her. He claim he been broke up with her but they both been arguing lately. When he blocked her they still communicate. He said he don't want her he just wanted to have sex with her. I talked to him about a restraining order he said no. I am tired of being in the middle of the drama. She called last night he gave me the phone. If you can't get rid of her this whole year there's much more going on because he protecting her. Was I wrong for leaving ? I'm just tired. I asked him to change his number he wouldn't . We been together a year she is still a problem. he don't mention me to her. every time his text him he complain but they stay arguing. He even responded to her messages or called her back. I think he was angry at her about something. he always scare he don't want to be with her but never take action. Somebody is lying .

Most Helpful Girl

• hes obviously lying, he's got no intention of getting rid of her. he's just saying he doesn't want her to get you off his back about it

my guess is they see each other on the side and she wants him back hence the arguing but he wants to have his cake and eat it by dating you both

What Guys Said 1

• You don't want to know what I think of this situation, so I'll just say 'dump this loser.'

What Girls Said 1

• You most definitely did the right thing. How dare he drag you into this rubbish. If he has broken up with her there shouldn't be any contact. maybe the odd friendly text here and there over a year, but not this. Well done for leaving. I did this with my ex, he was texting and talking to all his ex-girlfriends and would compliment them, one of his exes even added me on Facebook and he didn't find it weird at all. Move on, find someone who is worth your time! :)