Managing the cost of dating. Advice?

I'm a guy who has some time ago started his first grad job so my salary is OK but not great (and I live in a rather expensive city). It will rise significantly over the next few years (should be about double my current in 2-3 years) but for the time being, I am not that affluent.

Now my girlfriend is a student and has a small part time job, but that obviously pays very little. As such I have been paying for everything on our dates which I don't mind at. We don't go to super cheap places but nothing too fancy either, however in the this is costing me quite a bit and its running on the border between what I can and cannot afford.

What I want advice on is how to control the cost of dating without saying that I can't afford something (because it isn't any one particular drink or ticket that is too much for me, its the whole process combined).

What Girls Said 1

• Find more cheap things to do. Dating can be as expensive or as cheap as you make it. I'm always super conscious of how expensive things are because most guys insist on paying and I don't want them to end up like you.

Look for things you both like that are fun and affordable. There are so many fun things you can do that cost next to nothing. Dating should be about spending time with your SO, not about spending money.

What Guys Said 0