Is it ever too soon to introduce someone to your family?

I just started seeing this guy fairly recently, we've been talking consistently on a day to day basis. We've established that we both really like each other, though it's a bit early in the game so we haven't established a label yet. I have fall break coming up, and will be going home to see my family, but I also wanted to spend some time with him. I know it might be a little soon, but I've brought friends that I'd just met home to meet my family, and they already know about him and I've told him about them, so I don't see how it's all that different.

Spending time with my family is very important to me, and I don't exactly like the "rules" associated with dating, as in not talking about certain subjects on a first date, etc. I just don't want him to think I'm jumping the gun by asking him to come with me to visit them. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm with you in regards to the silly "rules" relating to dating. I'm all for being open and just discussing things like adults. Personally I'd say bring it up and just ask him if he'd be comfortable meeting them at this point. I'd also point out that there is no pressure and you'd understand if he wasn't quite ready yet (assuming that's how you'd truly feel) and say it like you just asked here. Family is important to you and so far so is this guy, so if he is as into you as you are him then he should not be scared off or upset that you'd ask.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0