Dating sites, what's your view on them?

Would you go on a dating site? What do you think of them? Do you rhink they are good? Etc

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been on OK cupid and POF before. I have gotten a few girls to go out with me but none of them were my type. A lot of them women didn't look much like they did online, and one of them I went out with a few times confessed to me she had a boyfriend and was just seeing if I would want to be with her.Then of course there are those that have incredably high standards on there and they will try to insult you if you speak to them. I would say it's not something I was ever happy to be a part of but if you are shy it is a pretty good option. Just remember there are all kinds of people on those sites with different agendas. There are those who play by the rules and use the site for what it is intended for, there are those only looking for sex, there are those only looking for attention, and then there are those that have no real idea what they want.

Are they good? Neither, they work for some people and not for others there is no absolutly answer to this. It is a good and easy way to just put yourself out there but you as a female will likely be subjected to a lot of rude guys wanting sexual favors. Then those who do play by the rules may be shy or overlooked because the women has a hard time distinguishing between them and creeps. Also make sure when messaging someone to show you have taken the time to actually read there profile and that you have interesting in knowing them

• Thanks for your reply yes iv heard of pof seems to be the most popular

• Sounds good alright

• I'd say your answer in the 2nd paragraph is pretty spot on.

What Guys Said 11

• The best answer is why not? Some surveys say as many as 50% of successful couples met online, and dating sites seem to be the best way to take some of the risks out of it. For some there is still some kind of stigma attached to using online sites to get a date, such as not being "able" to find a date out in bars, at parties, etc. If you are looking for someone to date, isn't the smart thing to do, to use every resource available? Go to parties, meet friends of friends, and yes, try out online dating sites. And at least with these sites, you'll know you already have a lot in common before you even get together. Put your fears, doubts aside and just go for it. Try it.

• One of my friends is now in a relationship with someone she met online. Alls good. I have had such bad luck with men that maybe I may try it and just see I guess :-)

• met my fiance on one.

i thought it was a good added resource to meeting someone.

• For desperate people, which, admittedly, is kind of a closed-minded and ignorant view I'm trying to change.

• I don't think its desperate people maybe a samll majority I personally think its good for shy people and people who struggle to meet someone out socially..

• Yeah, you're not wrong. Like I said I'm trying to get a different outlook on them.

• Oh OK I understand now. I'm sure not everyone will get what they want from it

• I've tried many of them. I only paid once for DeafSinglesConnection back in 2003. All the farther I got was making a not-more-than-a-friend who was an internet pen pal. It wasn't worth the money. In the future, I'd only pay for a telephone dating service such as 888-MegaMates. I don't wanna rely mostly or exclusively on printed words. I strongly agree with 888-MegaMates that "There's a lot more personality in a voice!" as they say when you call their customer service.

• My wife won't let me date, so I don't go on them.

My sister met her soon-to-be-husband on one.

• Your wife won't let you date? Are you guys separated or are you being funny hahaha. Yes one of my friends in now in a relationship with someone she met online

• I'm being funny - we are happily married.

• Haha aww that's lovely :-)

• Good if you are a woman.

Bad if you are a man.

• Isn't that dating in general? ;)

• Ah I see :-) I'm not on one but am concidering it as iv had nothing but bad luck with men since I'm 17 and I'm 28 now :-/

• I hope you aren't afraid of heights

Because the pedestal that the men will put you on will be high.

No shortage of attention for you.

• I've heard they're bad for guys.

• They are helpful and you can meet a lot of people that you most likely wouldn't have met otherwise. I'm not shy but the thing I like about it is, you are more likely to find a person that has more in common with you as opposed to going up to strangers.

• I've been on Match. The 20something women I've noticed almost have a cookie-cutter profile, at least in my area (Southern California):

1) Employed in some sort of health specialist (nurse, dental hygienist, physician's assistant) or have a career in marketing/sales.

2) Very physically active (yoga, running)

3) Have travelled to all sorts of places, and upload pictures

4) Love wine tasting

This leads me to believe that they think they are really awesome. Undoubtedly they get hit on frequently but no one is good enough face-to-face. If they've got a career, they're fit, and they're "cultured", then they deserve only the best person. So when they log on to the dating site and all these guys that they consider barely equal to them or below, they shrug them off. They've built themselves up too high and get frustrated. Will they delete their profile? Only when they don't get off anymore by the hundreds of messages they receive.

• Women have a massive advantage. Everyone is courageous behind a monitor so some dorky guy could message any girl he wants, or a douche bag player can "spit his game" to dozens if not hundreds of girls a day, hoping for at least one reply. As a result, any guys who are serious about meeting someone on that site have to have some stellar profile, an awesome pic and a Pulitzer Prize-worthy message to even be considered. Women can simply upload a bathroom mirror pic and a boring-ass profile, they will get tons of messages.

Most of the women on those sites are either

a) not serious/doing it to stroke their ego

b) the ones who get dumped on in real life, like divorced/single moms, or struggling bartenders/servers/"aspiring models" looking for a sugar daddy

Most of the men on those sites are either

a) just looking for a casual hookup, or message every decent looking profile they see with the same generic message

b) awkward in general which makes it difficult to get dates in real life

What Girls Said 3

• The paid sites often work well because people are paying to find someone, therefore will be actively looking for a partner and that will result in a genuine relationship. Free ones are often used by either people spamming out messages in order to just hook up, or are used by people who are just fishing for compliments (note I'm generalising, but this is the normal thing I've found).

• I don't use them and I never will, but I don't judge people who do. I think it works for some people and not for others.

• I don't use them but No judgement if you or any others use them.

I think they can be very helpful for certain people who aren't very social in real life and their true personality shines online (anxiety, nervousness ect..) Some men on there are just looking for a hook-up so I would be very careful. you don't know who is who on the internet. #1. Rule always ask to cam ...someone is always a catfish on dating websites link

• Youd have better look putting a picture on a dart board of the perfect man as I doubt you'd have more of a chance hitting him than you would on a dating website