Why are guys so rubbish at texting back?

It's a bit of a stupid one but I don't understand... Why are guys so rubbish at replying back to a simple text...? My boyfriend is useless when it comes to texting back anyone, it's not that difficult to reply back, anyone know why guys are so useless at texting

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want an immediate response then call him... I mean seriously, you have a phone in your hand, why the need to text if you are looking for an immediate answer?

To me texting implies that you don't want a conversation, nor do you care if you get a reply right away, you just want to get a a quick point across or ask a question or something. If you want an immediate response, then call him.

When I get a text while I'm at work for example, a lot of times I will see it, but won't be able to respond. I will then forget about it and not respond till much later.

And because I can't have my phone on at work, I will frequently forge to take it off silent and won't realize that I'm getting texts until I physically pick up my phone and see it.

Or if you're texting all the time, he might just be ignoring it because he doesn't like conversations via text.

What Guys Said 2

• Simple answer: guys hate talking, let alone texting. Men rather hear your voice than deal with the mechanics of using a computer or phone to make contact with a woman. Women love to chat, men hate it. If you want to endear a man to you, speak with him directly in person. If not, then call him. Keep it short. Keep it to the point. This sounds like madness to a woman, but that's exactly what a man wants. Your voice works like your hands on a man...it adds comfort to a man and makes him feel wanted. A text to a man is like written orders from a boss...something that us guys hate.

• because if you are texting him nearly all day every day it will just annoy him, then he starts only giving short one word responses of ignores you for a few hours. Then you throw a tantrum...

• Yeah good point, do you reckon if I leave it and wait for him to reply back as I don't wanna seem like a paranoid girlfriend lol

• yes give it a day

What Girls Said 2

• Some people just don't like texting all the time.

• Yeah but it's so frustrating specially when I know he has his phone with him most of the time grr

• How often are you texting him? Is it all the time?

I met this awesome guy once but he texted ALL THE TIME and it was really annoying and made me lose interest.

• I know exactly how you feel girl...I have the same problem right now. Sometimes we talk a lot then the next few days he doesn't text back. I guess it's just a guy thing, but sometimes it's hard to not take it so personal cause who likes to be ignored?