Why are guys so rubbish at texting back?

It's a bit of a stupid one but I don't understand... Why are guys so rubbish at replying back to a simple text...? My boyfriend is useless when it comes to texting back anyone, it's not that difficult to reply back, anyone know why guys are so useless at texting

0|0
2|3

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want an immediate response then call him... I mean seriously, you have a phone in your hand, why the need to text if you are looking for an immediate answer?

To me texting implies that you don't want a conversation, nor do you care if you get a reply right away, you just want to get a a quick point across or ask a question or something. If you want an immediate response, then call him.

When I get a text while I'm at work for example, a lot of times I will see it, but won't be able to respond. I will then forget about it and not respond till much later.

And because I can't have my phone on at work, I will frequently forge to take it off silent and won't realize that I'm getting texts until I physically pick up my phone and see it.

Or if you're texting all the time, he might just be ignoring it because he doesn't like conversations via text.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Simple answer: guys hate talking, let alone texting. Men rather hear your voice than deal with the mechanics of using a computer or phone to make contact with a woman. Women love to chat, men hate it. If you want to endear a man to you, speak with him directly in person. If not, then call him. Keep it short. Keep it to the point. This sounds like madness to a woman, but that's exactly what a man wants. Your voice works like your hands on a man...it adds comfort to a man and makes him feel wanted. A text to a man is like written orders from a boss...something that us guys hate.

0|0
    0|0
  • because if you are texting him nearly all day every day it will just annoy him, then he starts only giving short one word responses of ignores you for a few hours. Then you throw a tantrum...

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah good point, do you reckon if I leave it and wait for him to reply back as I don't wanna seem like a paranoid girlfriend lol

• yes give it a day

What Girls Said 2

• Some people just don't like texting all the time.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah but it's so frustrating specially when I know he has his phone with him most of the time grr

• How often are you texting him? Is it all the time?

I met this awesome guy once but he texted ALL THE TIME and it was really annoying and made me lose interest.

• I know exactly how you feel girl...I have the same problem right now. Sometimes we talk a lot then the next few days he doesn't text back. I guess it's just a guy thing, but sometimes it's hard to not take it so personal cause who likes to be ignored?

0|0
    0|0