Is it OK to send flowers to a girl that I've been dating for a month?

So I've been dating this girl for a month now. We are not exclusive and neither of us have pressed the subject. Anyways she has had some stressful days at work and I was thinking about sending flowers to hopefully cheer her day up some but I didn't know if it would make her feel like I'm pressuring her to be exclusive or if she would feel uncomfortable with receiving flowers at work from a guy that is not officially her boyfriend. So is it a bad idea to send flowers or good idea? Also if it is a good idea what are the best type of flowers to send as I don't want to ask her what her favorite type is and alert her to my plan?

Most Helpful Girl

• As a girl, I personally think this would be a bit much for me. You said it yourself: you've only been dating a month and aren't exclusive. It's a nice gesture, but a bit over-the-top for someone you've just started dating.

Granted, that's just me, though, and how I would feel if I were her. It's hard to say if she would agree. So, if you do decide to send flowers, as a florist myself I would just suggest calling a local shop and letting them use their designer judgement. Give them a price point and mention that you don't want anything that reeks of too much romance (i.e., no red roses).

What Girls Said 7

• To avoid pressuring her or scaring her off, send them to her home, not work!, make sure the flowers are anything but roses (unless their yellow roses -meaning friendship), and sign the card with a simple "to cheer you up" or something like that. If you send it to her work then she can easily get awkward and embarrassed. If you send her red roses then that would make her think you're 'further' in the relationship. A simple line or two on a card will seem friendlier and sweeter than a long paragraph or poem.

• She said it all perfectly. Very sweet of you to send flowers.

• Aww !

I think it would be uber cute! Even if just a friend did this for me, I would love it!

I have had guys bring me flowers on the very first date, so I don't see why it would hurt for you to be throughtful and want to cheer her up with a kind gesture.

I like pink roses if they come from my Boyfriend or someone I'm dating, but in your situation I think something like this would be super cute: link

If you send them, let us know the outcome! :))

• Don't send them to work, send them to her house or deliver them yourself :)

• How sweet! flowers are fine.

Maybe ask her friends(provided you've met.them).

• If you do not know what your girl likes flowers, ask the professional managers florists online

• How often do you guys see each other? do you text on a daily basis? for me flowers are good if you guys are on the same page.

• It's a really sweet idea to send her flowers, it'll let her know you're thinking of her.

But if someone did that to me when I was at work, I wouldn't speak to them again for ages.

Send them to her house, that would be nice =)

But at work in front of others is just embarrassing.

What Guys Said 4

• Sure, flowers are a good idea. Not sure if work is a good idea. A basic assorted arrangement would be fine.

• take her a pack of Ferrero rocher and tell her how you feel...and that you're taking her to dinner. give her one rose or calla lily at dinner

• Flowers are always nice as a surprise.

• NO! If you've only been dating a month, and aren't exclusive, you don't want to seem desperate, like that cliche guy that gets a date, shows up with flowers and is talking about marriage on the second date, haha.