How financially responsible are you with dating?

This is both for men and women.

Looking to see how financially responsible people are in this category.

Also if possible explain how and why you are/aren't.

Basically asking how you hold your own dating with the finances you have.

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you asking about who pays when? Typically we go dutch. Unless it's a special occasion and then one of us pays for the other. We go dutch all year but when birthdays or Christmas rolls around we dish out the big bucks.

For my birthday this past year he easily spent over $100. We're young and have lame jobs so it's a big amount for us :p

For Christmas for him last year I spent $240 easily. Not counting the gas it took to get there.

The rest of the year we're pretty picky on what we do so we try to save our money for special occasions.

What Girls Said 2

• Actually my man is the money saver in my relationship. lol I can be but usually our dates consist of late nights at walmart for diapers or Ikea when we need home stuff. Whenever I go to places like that he literally has to pull me out or make me sit in the car. Usually he holds onto the finances I prefer it that way to.

• I pay for half the times we go out and my boyfriend pays for the other half

What Guys Said 4

• do you mean who is supposed to be responsible for paying for things?

or how I am continue being financially responsible while dating?

• i handle it the same way I handle any financial situation. I kinda go through my budget every few months (probably 3x's a year). figure out expenses (necessary, unnecessary, recreation, etc) vs income. I put the money I save to the side and then the rest goes to necessary, unnecessary, and recreational expense...as long as I save what I want the rest is pretty expendable

• The person who asks out is responsible. Since that's the guy 99.9% of the time, it's usually the guy's responsibility. But if you're asking a girl out all the time and she never asks you out, she doesn't like you and is more than likely enjoying your money instead of enjoying you .

• For the first date, I always do something cheap like a cafe. There's no reason to spend a lot of money if I don't even know if we like each other yet.

• I do fairly well and hold my end pretty well.. But I have with two girls in a row that expected me to just do everything which is pretty lame. I'd rather not be my girlfriend's parent.. lol

• I've said "I want a girlfriend, not a daughter" to myself a few times as well. Yet such girls think they're so mature and all that nonsense.

• It's really quite sad and on top of that it is way too stressful to have to handle everything on your own