Why are people online desperate to date interracially?

It seems like everyone wants to prove how open minded and liberal they are so they try to emphasize how they're open to dating black women or Asian women. It's weird how people have an attraction to an entire race of women. Not everyone black woman looks like Beyonce or Halle Berry, ya know?

And then there's numerous posts from black women asking if white men would date black women and they get the same politically correct answers over and over again

Why is there a desperation to date interracially?

Thanks for the block andywes :)

Seems to me like you're trying to justify finding Halle attractive since she's black

Most Helpful Guy

• Certain races are desperate to date interracially period.

Asian women and their desperation for a White male suitor. To them, they are high status and superior, thus is like a lifetime achievement.

Same with Asian males and White women, but unfortunately for them, White women aren't desperate.

Hispanics tend to stick to their own, but if they do date out, it's a White obsession.

Not so much with Black men, they just like anyone who is light. Whether she's Latina, White, Middle Eastern, mixed with Black and White, and so on.

As for White males and Black women, it's a minority.

More than not, a White man doesn't find a Black woman attractive. Conversely, the vast majority of Black women also find White men to be unattractive.

All in all, maybe online it's not so much that people are posers, but there's probably more "progressive" individuals on the sites you frequent as opposed to the real life scenarios mentioned above.

• Not ALL Asian women are after a white suitor.

• Humans rationalize things. It's in our nature to assign a reason to our actions, whilst lacking awareness to our underlying motivations.

Albeit, I would never be able convince you otherwise. You believe you're an individual, you like White men for specific reasons, tailored to you and only you, of which is developed by your conscious decision making process, etc.

Thus, I won't make an argument out of it.

• I'd rather not respond to your honest/generalization comment. There is no nice way of saying it, so I'd rather keep it to myself.

What Guys Said 20

• Yeah I think it's weird too.. I think some people turn an entire race or ethnicity into a fetish. People also stereotype races by gorgeous celebrities as if everyone looks like that. When someone says to me "I love white men" or "I love Asian women" or "I love black women" it just comes off as weird to me. Sure it's great to have an attraction for people of other races but to put everyone into a group and also apply stereotypes as to why you think so I think is jacked up. In a sense it's just as bad as being racist in my opinion because you're stereotyping an entire group of people based on race and lusting after them as part as some sick fetish. I might get some down votes for this but so be it.

To clarify though if someone is truly attracted to people of other racial backgrounds that's great as long as you treat people as individuals and not a fetish or a sick stereotype. Hell I've been attracted to women of all skin colors and racial backgrounds and I'm not ashamed to admit it. All women have an equal opportunity with me as far as race goes. Men are men and women are women and we need to stop ignorantly categorizing and throwing them into groups.

• so preferences are wrong, got it..

• well said,I gave you up rather than down

• lol.. maybe they're not racist as you are.

though can you say why interracial dating is wrong? you're making it sound like it's a universal law.

• I'm actually biracial. And I'm in an interracial relationship myself but race doesn't define our relationship and I'm not eager to prove how open I am to other races.

I've found plenty of men from other races attractive. Like for example, Vietnamese men and Arab American men

• Where did I say people should stick to their own kind? Quote me

And I don't yell at racism towards biracial or black women

• Lol Like no doubt in the update her racism did blatantly seep out a bit.

• I'm not sure I'd see it as desperation.. Maybe they simply are more attracted to that race? And even if it were desperation what business is it of yours respectfully?

• How can one be attracted to an entire race?

• I forget that people on here like to pick and choose when sweeping generalizations are made of an entire race lulz

Liking one black girl doesn't not mean you like all black girls

• I can't say because I don't see it. IF you are asking a question like "Would a black woman date me if I'm white?" Your more so going to get black females answering who are into white guys... Ones who are not won't bother to answer. Same vice versa.

I'd date any woman I thought was attractive. No I don't think every black woman is attractive nor do I think every white woman is attractive.

• Is it desperation or the desire to try something different? I'll date anyone from any culture who's interested in me and OUR good welfare. Online is one way to branch out to people from other cultures but it's not exclusive. Approaching women is always risky, sometimes it's worse when that person is a foreigner. Trust me, the international women at my college are very apprehensive about associating with Americans unless you really know their language well or just come off as a good and friendly person (no gangsta personage).

Sometimes, people from your own ethnicity can piss you off so much, you may have a desire to look elsewhere. I love America. I love being American. But my Americans infuriate me in ways no one else can! Go figure.

• I personally don't care and I don't kiss ass to any race including my own. If I am attracted to a girl and she has a cool personality, I really don't care what race she is. If she is attractive and has that "pretty girl" personality where she thinks she is all that, then I'm over it. She can go be queen of some other poor fools nation lol. But I don't get online (or in person) and kiss up to some race and think every girl who is a member of their race is amazing. There are attractive/ugly people in all races. There are cool/not cool people in all races.

• Halle Berry is only half black, sorry to ruin it.

And I think a lot of white guys would be open to dating an Asian girl, depending on her looks.

Who knows why everyone online is like "oh yeah, so awesome to date a different race". They get their warm fuzzies by trying to be liberal and politically correct?

In reality, only a tiny percent of non-desperate guys would date black women. Black women are interested in white men because white men are usually higher status than black men (better jobs, less criminals) and have a culture more friendly to marriage. If you look at the statistics for black women marrying black men, the odds are really bad. Black men love to just shack up, or have multiple baby mommas, etc. Doesn't really lead to solid marriages.

• Yeah in America where most marriages overall regardless of race end up in divorce .

• wow that was racist,i guess you can back it up with facts,u speak of a small percentage,u do not know the whole entire population so you are stereotyping, my daughter is dating a bum and he is white. Its preference, and attraction, many women and men date sugar mommas and daddies in all races.and and thanku for clarifying that Halle Berry is only half black nobody else knew this

• I have never seen anyone date someone just to prove how liberal they are..

• I think there's just a greater acceptance of it and it's finally showing.

• Um...I just like hot girls. I find it hard to believe that people would go out of their way to specifically date a certain race. A better question is: why do so many people notice and/or care?

• I think they haven't had much luck in the past, and are hoping that trying something new might help.

• I'm not aware of this. I'm personally attracted to cute girls, weather they're white, black, asian, Hispanic, Indian, etc. I've seen attractive and ugly people in all races.

• I'm desperate To date you

• i haven't seen this.. where are people doing it?

• you know I could ask the exact same thing every time I read "white guys/white girls" only on a dating profile

• How is dating a black or Asian woman being liberal? someone's been watching too much fox news.

• I have only heard you say that people are desperate to date interracially I don't think they are desperate I just think they're interested in the idea To get a taste of the sexuality of other races

• it could be that they are truly interested in people of different races. but you know, I could be wrong.

• There's no desperation; it's just who they meet.

• whites should be with whites, black-black,asian-asian so on (period).There are enough colored people in the world.Don't try to create blue,purple(whatever) already.stick to your f***ing race.

• Maybe because the the non white girls got on the Internet and realized that the saying, "you can't be hung like a donkey if you is a honkey" is not true after all.

What Girls Said 6

• Theres no desperation. Its called realizing that love can come from any HUMAN BEING so why close off options due to ignorant beliefs

• On here there's a desperation for interracial dating--or more so a desperation to prove how open one is to dating interracially

• There is a desperation from users on here to prove how open minded they are

• it may not be such a bad idea,at least it breaks the barrier that's been up for far too long

• I wouldn't say it's a desperation, unless they're creepy and just wanna see if certain things about an ethnicity are true or not. Then you just have some people are just more attracted to a different ethnic group than others, have a harder time finding who they're looking for and make a post of their preference. Same thing as someone saying they have a soft spot for brown eyes and red hair. It really isn't a big deal. Why do you care? News Flash: People are going to be people and like whoever they want. Living in the information highway that we do is just making everyone a little more accessible to one another. What is the correlation supposed to be between black women and Halle Berry and Beyonce Miss wannabe Lana Del Rey? Damn straight I know I don't look like either of those women. But if a guy finds me attractive he just finds me attractive. Just like it's obvious not every white guy is gonna look like Channing Tatum and not every white girl is gonna look like Blake Lively. Once again people are going to like whoever they like whether it be for features, personality, preference and or all of the above.

• lol I've always wondered what the fascination of race in general was.

Like, why not identify with the person, you know?

The other day I was talking to a friend of mine. We were talking about a girl we know and he was telling me how she was hitting on him and he kept on dismissing her (she's dating another friend of ours) but she wouldn't get the hint. Eventually he flat out told her "I don't like white girls." He's Hispanic and she's italian.

I thought it was interesting that he just didn't like white women in general, why not accept everyone as an individual?

I don't necessarily think finding a certain race/ethnicity attractive is shallow, I just think it's interesting that it's prioritized sometimes.

• some people definitely fetish-ize race and culture,

BUT at the same time, there's nothing "desperate" or weird about people for whom race is simply a non issue.

seems much stranger to go through life excluding the greater part of earths population from your dating pool just because they don't share your ethnicity.

• I'm talking about those with fetishes...usually people who say "I like (insert race) women" have a fetish

• Desperate?Not all are, maybe some.

I believe there is love in interracial relationship, there is no need to prove about it. It is merely preferences. They asked those questions probably because they are attracted to that particular race.

sidenote: Asian women don't date white guys just because of social status(erm not all Asians are poor) I am not sure why there are still people who thought that. Never see white guys as superior than any other races.

• They want to taste an apple instead of an orange but they feel guilty without people's approval of it.