How come the date disappears on older questions?

yahoo answers and many other sites and forums post the date the question was asked... why doesn't this site?

77

Most Helpful Girl

• The site used to show the date up to a year old... older than that, it'd always say "Over a year ago".

Now, dates older than a month ago no longer show. It does help make the recently asked questions more recognizable so people will answer the more relevant ones :-)

• To me, a month seems an awfully early cut-off date, and who says older questions aren't relevant sometimes?

• The questions never leave the site. Everyone still has access to the questions and can answer them. The date showing or not doesn't change that.

What Girls Said 6

• I guess they keep the dates until a certain amount of time when it is past a month they just leave them blank. I've noticed it with some users too - those who don't come on here for a few months they're "last seen" is blank and most of their questions and answers are not shown a select few only

• I'd love to know to since it recently started happening.

• i guess it depends on how popular the question is!

• I honestly dunno.

• i hav eseen that happen too its pretty weird maybe its arder to keep the date f it with all the programming.

• No idea, I guess it would be nice but I don't pay much attention to it.

What Guys Said 7

• Thanks for asking; I wonder myself about that. I think that's only been happening recently, but I'm not sure..?

• I guess it cuts down on people answering old things

• The GaG database is more unorganized than the Wal-mart $5 DVD bins.

• Don't know. Stupid change to this site.

• Don't know good question. Is this your 25th account made this month?

• This is just another way GAG tries to make it as difficult as possible for users to find questions or comments. The search function is beyond worthless.

• I'm not sure why. Maybe they'll fix that with the upcoming site revamp.