How come the date disappears on older questions?

yahoo answers and many other sites and forums post the date the question was asked... why doesn't this site?

0|0
7|7

Most Helpful Girl

• The site used to show the date up to a year old... older than that, it'd always say "Over a year ago".

Now, dates older than a month ago no longer show. It does help make the recently asked questions more recognizable so people will answer the more relevant ones :-)

0|0
    0|0
    • To me, a month seems an awfully early cut-off date, and who says older questions aren't relevant sometimes?

• The questions never leave the site. Everyone still has access to the questions and can answer them. The date showing or not doesn't change that.

What Girls Said 6

• I guess they keep the dates until a certain amount of time when it is past a month they just leave them blank. I've noticed it with some users too - those who don't come on here for a few months they're "last seen" is blank and most of their questions and answers are not shown a select few only

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd love to know to since it recently started happening.

0|0
    0|0
  • i guess it depends on how popular the question is!

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly dunno.

0|0
    0|0
  • i hav eseen that happen too its pretty weird maybe its arder to keep the date f it with all the programming.

0|0
    0|0
  • No idea, I guess it would be nice but I don't pay much attention to it.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Thanks for asking; I wonder myself about that. I think that's only been happening recently, but I'm not sure..?

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it cuts down on people answering old things

0|0
    0|0
  • The GaG database is more unorganized than the Wal-mart $5 DVD bins.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't know. Stupid change to this site.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't know good question. Is this your 25th account made this month?

0|0
    0|0
  • This is just another way GAG tries to make it as difficult as possible for users to find questions or comments. The search function is beyond worthless.

2|1
    1|0
  • I'm not sure why. Maybe they'll fix that with the upcoming site revamp.

0|0
    0|0