Guys: Is POF a dating site that has "good" girls that are "girlfriend" material?

For all of you guys that have used the site, were you sucessful finding someone who was "worth" it, or did you find most people just lokking for a good time or a sex buddy there?

• Good people
  • Weird people just for "fun"
For any of you guys that had it and then closed it, what were your reasons for closing it?

Most Helpful Guy

• ive messaged quite a few girls on there, maybe half of them responded an no dates. couldve dated my bros ex who was on there and was hitting on me, but nah I don't want any part of that. a lot of women have kids on there as well, huge turn off for me. id say at least 1/2-3/4 women had kids on there. I ve only been messaged a few times. it seems women mostly go on there to wait for men to message them and stroke their egos. a lot wouldn't even message back. so far, for me its been a useless site. I've talked to quite a few girls but none wanted to take anything fartehr even know I thought I was being charming etc.

• I noticed the large amount of single moms more on okcupid than POF. Of course, it is pretty sad when 18-19 year old girls have 3 year old kids...

What Guys Said 8

• I've only looked on the site out of curiosity. Here is what I found:

-A lot of morbidly obese women

-A lot of "ghetto" women

-Almost EVERY single girl on the site had some sort of resentment towards men. It's funny when a girl's headline is "NO DOUCHEBAGS ALLOWED! IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SEX SCREW OFF!" and will have a profile saying: "I am a very sweet and caring girl...".

-This is only particular to my area, but a lot of girls want a "country" boy. Outside of my quaint little suburban town is a lot of redneck, middle of nowhere territory. So all the girls want a guy who fishes, hunts, does dip, etc.

Most of the girls where looking for the complete opposite of a sex buddy. All of them wanted a long term relationship, of course apparently many haven't had much success. I only found maybe 8 girls out of 100 that were "worth it" personality wise and about 30 looks wise.

• They claim they're looking for a relationship when I browse their profiles but they're most flakes to be honest. I've met a lot of girls online in general and some even setup 2 dates with 2 different guys on the same day yet claim they're looking for a relationship.

• The only one I found to want commitment was a commitment-holic(if that's a word) but she never wanted to get a car and expected me to drive to her all the time. She also had a weird family dynamic that threw screws into the financial aspects of our dating. So I had to stop dating that one. Everything was about commitment with her to a point where I wondered if she had trust issues(she told me she'd count one of her boyfriend's condoms to make sure he wasn't cheating on her). The rest of the girls on that site are either of the following:

Flakes who put in their profile "not to play games," yet will setup dates and not follow through with them.

Girls who only want attention, but will not meet anyone, but complain that guys keep messaging them for sex.

Or girls who are serial daters with no intention of committing to anyone(also highly likely to be a gold digger setting up one dinner date after the next).

It's honestly a whole lot of nothing. Guys have to message hundreds of girls to find someone who wants to meet, let alone date, or commit.

• Have a penpal that claims Match.com is only for guys looking for a quick/easy lay or little boys not worth the trouble.

Friend found a match on Christian Mingle but eventually that dog had fleas, anger issues but maybe she poked hidden past scars?

Daughter hooked up (unknown date site) = married, nice guy

Other penpal hooked up (unknown date site) = married, then he went crazy but recovering

Aren't they ALL grab bags from the reject pile?

Aren't they all out to get your money with no REAL PhD or software that really does a match?

The site that will win will let one create your own searchable database of what YOU like to do freestyle so a real match can begin to happen.

If I even date again, I think I'll just join a country club.

• A friend of mines found her current boyfriend through that site so it is worth it. I believe you should take the chance, move and gamble with it. My friend said that the guy she is with was shy and non social but he was a nice guy who she would trade 100 social guys for. Take the chance and you would find out so she did. But be CAREFUL and bring a friend or sibling, let them know your location ahead of time.

Good Luck

Nicholas G. Halden

• Dating sites are a bunch of lies and stupidity.

• I agree to an extent. But I met a great friend on one. We're still friends today and we were exactly like we said on the site.

• It's like a mystery bag. You have to go trough tons of people with personal agendas to meet one honest person

• one problem: nobody decent

• There are a few decent ones. 95% I would say are either unf***able or they are some a**hole with there own agenda

• Okcupid did it for me! But always filled with junk tho. Have to search hard.

• I'm sure there are some good girls on dating sites. The problem is, though, trying to know what caused the girl to join in the first place. Most girls view it as a humiliation or a last resort to do online dating or even to approach a guy in real life. Almost all girls rely entirely on guys approaching them in real life. So, what drove her to that point of joining a dating site? Even ugly girls get approached. So, most likely, she has something wrong with her personality that means that she can't sustain a relationship, or she's really picky.

What Girls Said 4

• If someone is going to take online dating seriously, they'll use a paid site. If they're just looking for a booty call or attention or harmless fun, it's going to be on an unpaid site like POF.

• I met my boyfriend on an anime dating site lol what could be worse! Everyone else on there was ridiculous

• I wanted to register on pof but never seen to get thru. Someone is forever having the same nick as me even though I used some funny names.i still prefer face to face

• Most people on dating sites lie so much. I wouldn't take it serious if I were you.