What is normal in this type of situation?

Ok maybe I've really been flying solo too long and have been out of the loop so I really can't wrap my head around this and would need some advice and bear with me because I'm really bad with this stuff.

So let's say there's this girl who showed in many way she's sort of interested in a guy and the guy was able to play it cool. As a result they were getting closer and getting to know each other and everything. And finally sort of went out to hang out. The guy was as a big surprise even to him self able to make a move. And even though she let him come very close but didn't allow him to kiss her at the beginning eventually she gave in.

I'm guessing it's pretty normal for girls not to give in right away but if she really didn't want to be in this position she would have put a stop to it right?

Is it normal the for her to take the initiative after giving in and kissing the guy and hugging him and other stuff?

I'm guessing if she didn't like the guy she wouldn't have let him kiss her and get close to her not to even mention her kissing the guy. Right?

Ok so they go forward and somehow end up half naked on the couch making out. The girl for some for reason unknown stopped a couple of time and wanted to stop but when the guy pulled her near again she started kissing him back. Is this normal or was the guy too pushy and forcing her into something she didn't actually want?

Ok they went on and of for another couple of hours and repeating the whole process stopping and then getting into it again. But never went all the way because the guy didn't want to push her too much because she was sort of indicating to him that things were going too fast and she didn't want to go too far.

I'm guessing this is also normal? But then why did she let it go this far anyway if she didn't want to go too far?

Ok so after a couple of hours of this she had to leave and the went home. The guy of course being the gentlemen he is helped her get dressed and accompanied her to her house. On the way everything was cool they talked and had fun and even kissed a couple of times. I'm guessing if the girl didn't like him after almost sleeping with him she wouldn't have kissed him or even kissed him goodbye and hugged him. Right?

Ok the next they she text's him if he's OK and smiles and stuff. And then tells him that she thinks they made a mistake and went too far and she doesn't actually want to do this and that she doesn't like him anyway. That they should just forget everything that happened and be friends.

Not right!

And then in staid of pushing the guy away like it would normally happen when a girl doesn't like a guy. She still flirts with the guy and keeps texting him and evolving the relationship even further by texting in the middle of the night teasing him if he wants to get breakfast and stuff like that.

What is she playing at and why does it have to devastate the guy?

Girls pleas add your thoughts and guys pleas tell me how the guy should handle it and stay cool?

Thanks

What Girls Said 1

• well I have a classmate that's exactly like this girl. its just like a power game for her or something. the guy should jst ignore her.

What Guys Said 1

• Just run.. run far, far away!

This girl sounds like she needs psychiatric help, no really. She is obviously immature and has no clue what she wants.

My best advice (it's worked great for me in the past) IGNORE HER. If it drives her crazy then it means she likes you. But if you really like her and ignoring her does driver her mad then you have to be careful not to ignore her for too long. Just read the situation. And I would definitely take a bit longer than usual in responding to her texts.

The idea is to make her think you don't care. And if she likes you and thinks you may not care any more then she will try to make you care ;)

Most women/girls always try that before they give up on a guy. So try to reserve your feelings for now and let her make the call. And as an added bonus; sometimes being too nice pushes them away or immediately puts you in the "friend zone". You still have to be a MAN. And whatever you do, don't let her manipulate your heart. Because once she does it will be over.

Good luck. And please give us updates!

• Ok I might have screwed up here already. I didn't ignore her I responded took a little longer and tried to make it look like I was occupied. But when we went out somehow we wound up hanging out together and talking. When I got home she started IMing me and we chatted for a little. It didn't feel like being "friend zoned" but I was nice to her. I know I screwed up I hope not to the point of no return.

• Yeah I agree they happen if they are meant to. But never the less I've screwed up situations in the past that most guys wouldn't even have to move a finger.

Maybe I'm a little at ease now because she IMed me saying good morning and that she fell a sleep and I honestly wasn't expecting her to be this "cuddly" after what she texted me last time. This was the first time we saw each other since what happened and it wasn't weird or even just normal it was great. I guess currently all is about ok.

• I mean she expressed that she doesn't have feelings for me and didn't want what happened to happen again. I thought she'd back off and stay away. Show me that she's serious about not being serious with me. But in staid she's acting I don't know a bit like we were already dating or at least flirting a lot.