Your idea of a perfect date?

I love to go outside and go for a walk on the beach, or go to a nice park, bring a picnic and just have a great time, get to know each other...

Most Helpful Guy

• I tell folks (guys especially) this all the time: your first few dates should be cheap or free, mostly because you shouldn't rely on money or paid entertainment to impress a girl. Instead, you need to actually use your brain, and figure out a non-paid date where you have lots of time to TALK to each other and get to know one another.

Most girls would much rather have a guy's ATTENTION than his money anyway, and the purpose of those early dates is to get to know each other and talk a lot about issues of COMPATIBILITY, so that you know if there is a realistic chance of long-term compatibility, or if there are red flags that you need to know about before you commit to that person. You aren't likely to do a lot of talking on a "dinner and a movie" type date, much less a bar or club. That kind of date should come later, once you are already comfortable around each other and secure in your relationship.

I've done walks, picnics, frisbee at the park, flying kites, bike rides, boat rides, BBQs, swimming, exploring a city, etc. I rarely spend more than $20 on an early date, but I've gotten many compliments on those dates, because I make them about US, and not about the entertainment or "stuff" that money can buy. Plus, I don't want a girl to think I'm trying to buy her favor, or to make her feel obligated because of the money I've spent on her.

If you get in a relationship with a girl, THEN you can spend some money on her and/or on your dates, and chances are she'll appreciate it a lot more later on than she ever will at the beginning, because it will MEAN SOMETHING to her.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I just like going some where for a cheap meal and some drinks and just talk, have a laugh and get to know each other, a nice cozy pub then just walking around the shops looking at everything holding each others hand then sitting down on a bench some where chatting and having a coffee, don't need to spend any more than £20, £10 for a 2 soft drinks each and some coffee later on and £10 for beer and burger or some salads if you wanna eat healthy, I don't mind any of that at all as long as I get to talk to them as trust and communication is the most important.

• going to a museum and telling each other what we think about the paintings and artwork then going out to different restaurants to try the things we like the most in then stargazing

• Doesn't matter what we do as long as it with he right guy