Should I take the next step and kiss her?

Hi Everyone,

So I've been going out with this girl for a several months now, and a just few months ago, I asked her to be my girlfriend. I've known her for several years and always kinda had a crush on her, and she's my first girlfriend also. I'm 18 and she's 19. So my problem is, I don't know if I want/need to kiss her yet. I would really like to, but I'll be leaving for college soon (less than a year,) and I'm unsure if "taking it to the next level (I guess)" is the smart thing to do now. I don't know how my life is going to change once that happens, I don't know if I'll be able to come home and see her often. Just a lot of unknowns, I suppose. I know people say, "follow your heart" and stuff like that, but I just feel that I need a bit more guidance or suggestions in making a decision to kiss or not to kiss.

Thanks

Update: I'm pleased to say that we kissed a few days ago. It was exhilarating. I was speechless for a while afterward haha.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I didn't kiss a girl by the end of the 2nd date they assume I am not interested. You got a good girl there now kiss her lol

• Really? wow. I can't even count how many dates we've been on, lots haha. You're right, thanks!

• Never really thought of it that way, thanks for the comment. She's my first girlfriend, and I'm still trying to figure out this is all supposed to work. Maybe I'm just over thinking things, like I tend to do with nearly everything else lol. I really appreciate your comment.

Best of luck to you.

• It's perfectly understandable, trust me I have had a handful of girls myself but I am terrible at making any moves lol. Thanks for BA by the way

What Girls Said 2

• You definitely should "follow your heart"! I mean, there's a difference between going along with any thought that pops into your head, and thinking things over before acting; you need to find a happy medium. If it's something you really want, don't be afraid and go after it! You make valid points, saying you're nervous about the future, but it's not here yet. There's a cool quote I think about sometimes; "When we worry about the future, we're choosing to sacrifice joy today to mourn joy we might not have tomorrow."

If you really like her, plant one on her! Good luck :)

• Hi Konsui,

Thanks for the thoughtful comment. I can admit I'm a worry wart, haha. I appreciate the advice. Do you know who that quote belongs to?

• Kiss her and see where it goes, you will never know if you don't try.

What Guys Said 0