After college, are women more open to dating?

So far in college I have noticed that women are only open to dating after knowing you for a while and are totally sure they are into you. They seem to rather go through random hook ups with guys they just met then go out on a date with him after having just met. Does this change after college?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it really changes much. I'd say its a wash.

At earlier ages, women are less open to dating, but at the same time are less selective . At older ages, women are more open to dating, but are more selective. Both of these equal out and typically mean a similar rate of dating.

Not that I'm 50, but so far in my life, I haven't seen much of a drastic shift. I think there is just too much biology involved. I think we have less free will than we think we do when it comes to controlling our drive to be in a relationship.

What Girls Said 2

• i think that nothing will change after college

• No offense but I'm gonna be honest. If girls are making a guy wait, it's because we aren't attracted to him enough to be into him right off the bat. Random hookups are based off attraction. If a girl would randomly hook up, she'd most definetely date. So if you are getting denied dates by girls who hook up, its because you don't sexually excite her

• Ive never tried to get a date off of a girl who was a random hook up. So I wouldn't know...

• Hey, why the downvotes? At least the lady is honest. An open rebuke is better than a secret love, they say. A tough truth is better after a sweet lie.

What Guys Said 4

• They're much more pickier after dating. They start factoring in a lot of things about guys because of all the "mistakes" they made in college. So if they dated a guy who lives at home with his parents, they'll rule out guys who are living with their parents from then on.

• Welcome to America, this is hook up culture. Where women will get their fill between 18-27 and then afterward expect you to give their womb a spin.

For a relationship, look outside this country my friend.

• Logically yes, assuming after they are finished with college they can focus more on dating. Can go with either gender typically.

• After? Yes. Those who don't have partners after tend to realize that college, which is just a higher grade of HS, wasn't "real life" at all. A partner becomes the mainstay of most of your company.